Jan 05 2013
By: shadow9531 Wastelander 616 posts

A buff for Toros' level 2?

41 replies 497 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

I can't help but be disappointed by this super when I face good players. They all know that you can hit dodge when it lands to completely avoid it and it just won't get any kills and there's nothing I can do about it. I am forced to go for a level 3 against them making his 2 worthless against good players. I suggest making the hitbox stay out longer so it can't be simply dodged and you must get out of the blast radius. This wouldn't be broken since it still needs the enemies to be gathered together to get more than 1-2 kills and high mobility characters can still escape it. I would also suggest that his level 1 gets the startup slightly sped up.

Don't remind me about Jaks' level 2 either.

Message 1 of 42 (497 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: A buff for Toros' level 2?

Jan 5, 2013
You can confirm into Toro's lvl2, y'know. Get 'em with a fully charged Hadouken if they're blocking or with a semi-charged one when they're not, and then just before it hits, call your lvl2. Alternatively, call it in when people aren't expecting it (say, while Raiden's got them in a combo or Big Daddy's got them drilled), and you can get some good kills.

Every Super in the game has a use, and if used intelligently can easily kill. That includes Sweet Tooth's lvl2, which is by and far the worst Super in the game.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 42 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Confirming into a 2 is a waste of meter and having a use isn't the same as not needing a buff. It's also easy to stop your combo on reaction to the super.
Message 3 of 42 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Funny, it works for me every time someone's in a combo. I've had no issues with his lvl2, no matter who I've played. Maybe one person will dodge it with an air-dodge or something, but other than that I nab everybody it hits (I've had more issues with my own blunder of looking the wrong way before calling it in than by people dodging it!).
ecdf9e46
Message 4 of 42 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 5, 2013
As I said in my original post, this is against GOOD players. Ones that play this game a lot will know Toros' level 2 is able to be completely dodged. It's very easy to do once you get the timing down. This is very unfair to Toro because in high level play, it will make his level 2 VERY bad.
Message 5 of 42 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 5, 2013
And as I said, I've had no issues with his lvl2 no matter who I've played. I've nailed blackbelts and yellow belts alike, because the timing is all that matters on BOTH ends. If you time it right, they won't have the opportunity to dodge.
ecdf9e46
Message 6 of 42 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I do agree it needs a slight buff, when I see another Toro I know how to dodge it, I only get hit by it if i'm sent flying or being hit by someone else.

I main Toro and I thing his level 1 is fine.

Message 7 of 42 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 5, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
And as I said, I've had no issues with his lvl2 no matter who I've played. I've nailed blackbelts and yellow belts alike, because the timing is all that matters on BOTH ends. If you time it right, they won't have the opportunity to dodge.

You actually believe having a black belt means you're a good player?

Secondly, the timing thing is completely wrong as the opponent will just dodge it no matter when you time it. It's very easy to do so and I do it to other toro users ALL the time. The only way you can't dodge it is if a player is comboing you and decides to keep comboing like an idiot so both him and you get killed. This won't happen in high level play though as they will just stop comboing you. This move is also just absolutely terrible in 1v1 and you pretty much HAVE to go for a level 3 at that point.

Message 8 of 42 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Yea... My Toro is at like 500. I almost always go for his level 2. I think every 1/20 times, it kills no one. So, get better with it. Cause I'm having no issue using it.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 9 of 42 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

shadow9531 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

You actually believe having a black belt means you're a good player?

Secondly, the timing thing is completely wrong as the opponent will just dodge it no matter when you time it. It's very easy to do so and I do it to other toro users ALL the time. The only way you can't dodge it is if a player is comboing you and decides to keep comboing like an idiot so both him and you get killed. This won't happen in high level play though as they will just stop comboing you. This move is also just absolutely terrible in 1v1 and you pretty much HAVE to go for a level 3 at that point.

It means you play enough to win.  Whether you spam or not, getting a black belt means you're much more likely to know the mechanics more than somebody who's not one.

As I said, timing is everything.  If you make sure they CAN'T dodge when you call in your lvl2, you'll probably get some kills.  That's what I do.  If they're preoccupied, they're less likely to have the reaction time to get out of a lvl2 death.  I've played some very good players, and still got them in my lvl2 while they were in or doing a combo; I still got kills off of them, because they didn't have enough time to react to stop their combo.  Lastly, I actually won a 1v1 showdown by using a lvl2, if I may throw that in there.  The match had stalled for a good time before that, and it was just us trying to get the final kill for a good ten minutes.

I've seen some pretty bad misses with Toro's lvl2, I'll give you that, but these are normally from subpar Toro players who just sit in Oni stance the whole match.  I'm not in any way trying to say you're one of those players, but rather that a straight-up miss is usually the player's fault as opposed to the opponents'.

ecdf9e46
Message 10 of 42 (390 Views)
0 Likes