Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: A Threat To End All Hate

Sep 16, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

The hate for new Dante should also be a 10/10 and he's hated because the new story sucks.

agreed, and its ironic at first i was the one saying give him a chance lets see if he still acts like dante, waited and he cts like an **bleep** clown and dont get me started on big brother vergil

i have to disagree, i think the story is a bit better than the originals so far, it cant really have plotholes this early on like the originals did throughout the series, so i sure hope they keep this reboot going, maybe show him evolve into the dante people know and love (the looks and atitude)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 11 of 43 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 16, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

The hate for new Dante should also be a 10/10 and he's hated because the new story sucks.

agreed, and its ironic at first i was the one saying give him a chance lets see if he still acts like dante, waited and he cts like an **bleep** clown and dont get me started on big brother vergil

i have to disagree, i think the story is a bit better than the originals so far, it cant really have plotholes this early on like the originals did throughout the series, so i sure hope they keep this reboot going, maybe show him evolve into the dante people know and love (the looks and atitude)

I can already tell this game won't sale more then 1.1 million copies, it'll be lucky to even break a million copies.  Then Capcom won't be happy with the results and give us DMC back.

Message 12 of 43 (43 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 16, 2012

New Dante looks like he won't have somy of the campyness of Old Dante did. That was one of my favorite parts of what little Devil May Cry I played. He's just not as goofy. He's funny, but not in the same way.

I guess Lightning is like every other Final Fantasy character in that she has some fans, and some who don't like her. I enjoyed her, and found her refreshing because I didn't like Tidus or Vaan from 10, and 12. I don't see why people dislike her for solely being in FFXIII. I enjoyed that game. I don't know that I'd be able to replay it. I keep looking at it on my shelf and thinking... "eeeeeeeeeeeeh."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 13 of 43 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

You can literally rename Dante, Vergil and change the name from Devil May Cry and it would be a franchise on its own.  Given that it would be a clone of DMC but I would rather buy a DMC clone than a terrible DMC game.

i actually said that a few months back, i dont know why capcom just insists on trolling with new dante and seeing vergil  made me laugh because i could not believe at first by how much they made him a **bleep**

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 14 of 43 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I can already tell this game won't sale more then 1.1 million copies, it'll be lucky to even break a million copies.  Then Capcom won't be happy with the results and give us DMC back.

i hope not :/ unless capcom does another reboot. The story is such a mess in the original series it bugs the crap outta me (im a huge DMC fan so dont say i dont like it xD), i just cant stand a story that jumps around too much or has plotholes.

Message 15 of 43 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Watch it end hitting a bit over a mil in the end anyway. XD

Message 16 of 43 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

New Dante looks like he won't have somy of the campyness of Old Dante did. That was one of my favorite parts of what little Devil May Cry I played. He's just not as goofy. He's funny, but not in the same way.

I guess Lightning is like every other Final Fantasy character in that she has some fans, and some who don't like her. I enjoyed her, and found her refreshing because I didn't like Tidus or Vaan from 10, and 12. I don't see why people dislike her for solely being in FFXIII. I enjoyed that game. I don't know that I'd be able to replay it. I keep looking at it on my shelf and thinking... "eeeeeeeeeeeeh."

yeah i liked final fantasy 13 too xD i just think people like to follow behind others and jump on the bandwagon of hate. And yeah i agree, but this is a prequel reboot, people arent giving dante a chance, throughout this game you could slowly see him become the character people loved.

Message 17 of 43 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 16, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

You can literally rename Dante, Vergil and change the name from Devil May Cry and it would be a franchise on its own.  Given that it would be a clone of DMC but I would rather buy a DMC clone than a terrible DMC game.

i actually said that a few months back, i dont know why capcom just insists on trolling with new dante and seeing vergil  made me laugh because i could not believe at first by how much they made him a **bleep**

I didn't know that lol xD  In all seriousness though they should either cancel it or call it something else and change the names.

Message 18 of 43 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Sep 16, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

i hope not :/ unless capcom does another reboot. The story is such a mess in the original series it bugs the crap outta me (im a huge DMC fan so dont say i dont like it xD), i just cant stand a story that jumps around too much or has plotholes.

you didnt play the original DMC games did you got dammit zeo why didnt yu play it, WHY DIDNT YOU PLAY IT, WHY!!!!!!
XD

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 19 of 43 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

SwipertheFox5621 wrote:
Watch it end hitting a bit over a mil in the end anyway. XD

people are coming around, i know a bunch of people buying the game day one because they are ashamed to be a gamer, due to the fact that "people cry and whine over his look and need to grow up and get over it. Things change, he needed a reboot" etc etc xD i hear it everyday from people preordering it at gamestop or from friends. Its refreshing since at first it was all hate.

Message 20 of 43 (24 Views)
0 Likes