Sep 16 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

A Threat To End All Hate

[ Edited ]
42 replies 386 views Edited Sep 16, 2012

This thread is ambitious. In it I will attempt to disarm all

Dante:
Hate level 7/10

Why is he liked? Becuase he is new, fresh look, fresh attitude, and he has a moveset that boast extreme skill and creativity. To those who have never been into DMC this could be a chance to become aquainted with the man near universally regarded as a bad@ss. In fact for those who didn't like the old dante this could be your chance to meet a new bad@**bleep**. or better yet this is the inventionof a whole new bad@ss. 

Why is He hated?
Imagine you have an awesome uncle. He is rude and spontaneous but hilarious and awesome. You see him every year at the reunion and you love him and he is obviously showing off for you. And then you get a call saying he's sick, No he's dead, No they revived him, NO they "Improved him" .... or so they say. The man you see next year is not your uncle but a man who has his name and some of his looks. it is bad enough that you you must grieve the death of your uncle but here is this new man going around in his name and though others may say he is as awesome as your uncle he will never really be your uncle. That is how devil may cry lovers feel. Am I saying it justifies the abuse they give new dante? maybe not but it's important that everyone understand that this is not an easy change for them. 

What can you do to stop the hate?
     Don't talk about it. pretend new dante is a different character. If you hate him or love him do this and I garuntee there will be less fights. I know Old dante fans won't want to just roll over and die and let dante become this new and different dante but i you want to be taken seriously as a fan and not a fanboy the only thing you can do is stay calm.

2:  final_fantasy_xiii-2_profilelarge.jpgLightning
Hate level: 10/10

Why she is liked? Because she is a legitimate soldier and poweful charecter. Few understand the nuanced details of her personality and see her as a steam roller or an emo queen but in reality she is a fighter who has become so hardened that not even she can relate to herself.

Why she is Hated? Because she poses a threat. Let's face it if FFXIII were a game of any other name it would have been called a simple "Linear underground RPG," It would have been respected for trying but disregarded for not succeeding. But since it is a final fantasy game there is an expectancy. imagine turning putting in a mario game and being treated to a shooter game. it's not what you want nor asked opf mario and FFXIII was not what was wanted or asked of Square enix. The invention of one (debatabley) bad final fantasy game isn't enough to **bleep** off fans (we survived through FFXI! !!!) but this game seems to be hogging all of square enix's time. Even those who didn't initally hate lightning are now driven to anger by how frequently she is being forced to the forefront pushing others heroes to the back. 

How can you stop the hate? 
     Well if you are a Cloud fan stop calling lightning fans "Fake FF fans" and if you are a Lightning fan, Don't call cloud an emo cliche. There is a chance that both could be in the game and there's a chance that only cloud could be in the game. Hey! if lightning isn't in though she's getting her own game, one that is all about her. If lightning is in the game I will eat a live field mouse. It's not that I don't want her in but I don't believe that square and superbot would alienate the majority of their fans like that. 

I will see how this thread does before posting anymore. please present your opinion respefully. 

Message 1 of 43 (386 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: A Threat To End All Hate

Sep 16, 2012

i love new dante xD i never got the hate for him.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 2 of 43 (327 Views)
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Me neither. I think he is funny and bad*ss in a way that old dante just couldn't have been "Hence the F you conversation" 

Message 3 of 43 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 16, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

Me neither. I think he is funny and bad*ss in a way that old dante just couldn't have been "Hence the F you conversation" 

yeah i like old dante but im so glad they are doing a reboot, the old story had so many plotholes :/ and stories are what makes games for me, plotholes drive me NUTS.

Message 4 of 43 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 16, 2012
I used to hate New Dante, but as they progressed, it's coming out much better and I'm really liking the New Dante. I think DmC will be my best chance to get into the series.

Message 5 of 43 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 16, 2012

End All The Hate!

Play For Fun!
Message 6 of 43 (297 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

achus93again wrote:

End All The Hate!

no no no this can be correct too.

if you are saying the title is wrong xD

Message 7 of 43 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 16, 2012

The hate for new Dante should also be a 10/10 and he's hated because the new story sucks.

Message 8 of 43 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

The hate for new Dante should also be a 10/10 and he's hated because the new story sucks.

agreed, and its ironic at first i was the one saying give him a chance lets see if he still acts like dante, waited and he cts like an **bleep** clown and dont get me started on big brother vergil

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 9 of 43 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 16, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

agreed, and its ironic at first i was the one saying give him a chance lets see if he still acts like dante, waited and he cts like an **bleep** clown and dont get me started on big brother vergil

You can literally rename Dante, Vergil and change the name from Devil May Cry and it would be a franchise on its own.  Given that it would be a clone of DMC but I would rather buy a DMC clone than a terrible DMC game.

Message 10 of 43 (224 Views)
0 Likes