Jul 10 2012
By: Phil2244 Lombax Warrior 129 posts

A Stage Builder

[ Edited ]
9 replies 382 views Edited Jul 10, 2012
I know lots of people are concentrating on the characters, but I haven't seen any mention of a stage builder, adding this to the game would be excellent because. 1 it brings more replay ability to the game 2 Downloading and submitting maps online is awesome 3 It was in Brawl, so I don't see why it can't be in this 4 It could generate more DLC, eg: buying extra parts to use in your stages I hope they are implementing this because obviously they want to make the game better than Brawl, because Brawl is 4 years older than this
Message 1 of 10 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Message 2 of 10 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: A Stage Builder

Jul 11, 2012
only problem, is that PASBR maps change halfway through, and have a mix, while Brawl maps don't. Also, Brawl Custom maps are simple, they have blocks, ramps, and basic movement objects.

Plus, in PASBR, you can't fall off the map, but in Brawl you can
Message 3 of 10 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jul 11, 2012

This is easier said then done.  Even though brawl had a stage editor it was very bad (probably because there was not much time put into it), so that sets were this might land very low. But if they puts lots of time into it then it would be good. But if they put lots of time into it there would probably be some kind of info on it (I mean like a screen shot with this on a computer in the corner that would be hard to see, them hinting to it in an interview or a leek of some other nature). So if this was in the game chances are it will be bad.

sirdan cropwidth="500" height="200">
Message 4 of 10 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 11, 2012
I'm just not sure they would do a stage builder. While i wouldn't mind it, they're stages are supposed to be a clash of two games and players are not supposed to be able to fall to their death, however if there was a stage builder they could.
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 5 of 10 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 11, 2012

So because Superbot hasn't hinted at it that automaticlly makes it bad? What kind of horrible logic is that? I guess the entire roster will fail cause its being kept secret

Paul Gale has actually hinted at there being a stage builder which came completely unexpected, he said it on his own.  It could use only the most basic tools of Little Big Planet and a stage builder in this game would be far superior to what was done in Smash

Message 6 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

Where did PGN say that?  If there is a stage builder that would be awesome, but I doubt it.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 7 of 10 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Its in his topic where he answered questions from E3, in the comments section one of his answers mentions it. Skim through all his answers and you should see it there

Message 8 of 10 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Here's exactly what was said. Someone asked him "Will there be a stage builder?" Paul answered "Per Omar's request, I won't answer this one" 

Its very much a possibility and that answer certainly hints at something being possible

Message 9 of 10 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Jul 11, 2012

a stage builder is an possibility 

you can yous LBP items 

and you must put an platform on the bottom to prevent from falling

also you can pick an stage hazard and set it how to react and stuff

so we may see an stage builder in the future