Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: A Small Suggestion for Kratos' Alternate Colors.

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
It's also SuperBot's first game; this is their first shot with the engines (both graphical and gameplay).  I didn't expect TOO much because of this, and also considering they have to accomidate the Vita's limitations.

Oh don't get me wrong; I'm not expecting God of war 3 or Uncharted 3 graphics, or anything super amazing like that.

The game just has more than a few rough edges, that's all I'm saying. Character detail's actually pretty nice (Sweet Tooth looks really good), but some of the environments look really washed out (Sandover Village and the LBP stage, particularly).

Message 21 of 30 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Aug 13, 2012
I can agree on what you said about Sandover and LBP
Message 22 of 30 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Updated with more pictures for reference and some comments about Kratos' golden fleece.

Message 23 of 30 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Re: UPDATED: A Small Suggestion for Kratos' Alternate Colors (To help keep track of him on screen)

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

That's a good idea. I like Kratos' 2nd color, but sometimes I can't even see who am I while fighting other Kratos. And, since I like gray version more than red, I'd love to see other things that Kratos has become gray.

Message 24 of 30 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Re: UPDATED: A Small Suggestion for Kratos' Alternate Colors (To help keep track of him on screen)

Aug 29, 2013
I'd like Emmett's Outlaw costume to have an Outcast Hawk.
Message 25 of 30 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Ok first off. I know this is a very very old thread that has been bumped and I know what im about to say is partly irrelevant, but I feel the need to share this Smiley Sad

Ok here's Jak's whole alternate color set for his default costume, Mar's Armor.

All of Jak's alternate colors.jpg

For some clarification for those who don't know. In every outfit after the first one, Jak's bandanna and wastelander sash (the thing behind him that looks like a mini cape) changes colors and they are always the same color so they can match accordingly. While there are more accessories on his outfit that change colors the 2, I mentioned are the most important in this case.

2nd outfit- yellow bandanna and sash.

3rd outfit- brown bandanna and sash.

4th outfit- blue bandanna and sash.

Now here's the problem. Jak actually had a legit alternate color of this outfit in his 3rd game, Jak 3. It was called 'New Duds'. The new duds alternate color wasn't implemented into All-Stars as a reference at all. None of the existing colors are even close or inspired from the new duds as well. His new duds featured a change of color in 2 areas, his wastelander skirt and sash. The skirt being blue to match his shirt and sash being green.

V New Duds V

Jak New Duds front.jpg

So here's a few hypothetical solutions. Considering Jak already has his full slot of colors...

1. Sacrificing either the red armor or blue armor alternate color outfit to put this in. The exact original new duds outfit. So yes we would have 2 Jak's with brown armor & 2 red bandannas, but you can tell who is which from the skirt (which is prominent in battle) in color along with the sash.

New Duds Jak in allstars.jpg

2. Same as number 1, but All-Stars style instead meaning green sash AND green (not red) bandanna, which is honestly a fair & rational change for All-Stars. This actually makes it even easier to see a difference in Jak clones since his bandanna will not retain the same color from Jak's default color. This would also actually be the true elite version of an inspired alternate color. 

.New duds all stars.jpg

3. NO PICTURE AVAILABLE. His existing last alternate color featuring the orange armor (scroll up if you must), which is closest to brown, his default armor costume color, simply has the blue bandanna, brown skirt and blue sash colors change to fit my 1st or 2nd picture, but while maintaining the orange armor thus acting as another inspired alternate color and therefore no armor color being altered, just the accessories.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 26 of 30 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Wow, glad to see this thread get some attention even after a year! Glad you guys still like the idea: I'd still love to see it implemented.

And @ BlueDiamond, I'd be in favor of your option #3. Keep the orange armor, but give him a blue skirt  & green scarf. However, your current circle of blue and green is a little too similar to the second costume. It should probably be something like orange and blue to avoid confusion.

Message 27 of 30 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Aug 30, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

And @ BlueDiamond, I'd be in favor of your option #3. Keep the orange armor, but give him a blue skirt  & green scarf. However, your current circle of blue and green is a little too similar to the second costume. It should probably be something like orange and blue to avoid confusion.

You mean the first costume. It's not as similar as it would seem especially with the prominent armor covering most of Jak's body compared to his first costume. I know characters who have way more similar looking costumes/colors in their sets. 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 28 of 30 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I was referring to the little circle at the bottom, not the costume itself. Since Jak's second costume already has blue & green it would be better if the circle for your suggested costume was different , maybe orange and green or orange and blue.

Message 29 of 30 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Re: A Small Suggestion for Kratos' Alternate Colors (To help keep track of him on screen)

Aug 30, 2013

A very good idea. For both Kratos and Jak, that is.

All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 30 of 30 (121 Views)