Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 29 2012
By: Level_Code Hekseville Citizen 273 posts

A Small Annoyance With the Beta

7 replies 132 views Edited Jul 29, 2012

I've had the Beta since the day it came out in Singapore, but I've kept myself from playing it too much because I'd hate to bore myself with some characters/stages before the game is even out. But my one major complaint is that it is online only. The only thing I ever used Smash for was a great 4 player party game, and to this date Brawl is still my friends and I's go to source for when boredom strikes, and I was very disappointed this was not a 4 player Beta as well. I understand the whole point was to check how the servers are running, but I couldn't care less about Multiplayer at this point, because my friends and I have been dying to face eachother. I've always felt these brawlers have always been multiplayer at one house first, then online/singleplayer second, and I find it weird that they aren't letting you try out that aspect.

Message 1 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Re: A Small Annoyance With the Beta

Jul 29, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

I've had the Beta since the day it came out in Singapore, but I've kept myself from playing it too much because I'd hate to bore myself with some characters/stages before the game is even out. But my one major complaint is that it is online only. The only thing I ever used Smash for was a great 4 player party game, and to this date Brawl is still my friends and I's go to source for when boredom strikes, and I was very disappointed this was not a 4 player Beta as well. I understand the whole point was to check how the servers are running, but I couldn't care less about Multiplayer at this point, because my friends and I have been dying to face eachother. I've always felt these brawlers have always been multiplayer at one house first, then online/singleplayer second, and I find it weird that they aren't letting you try out that aspect.

Deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 2 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Ginwolf wrote:

Level_Code wrote:

Deal with it.

Woaaaaaaaah. Out of line?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 3 of 8 (110 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Your complaints are understood, but we don't know that it'll only be online.

The beta is online only yes, but I'm sure Sony wouldn't miss out on a party game like this.  I'm sure we'll have plenty of offline as well as online modes. 

Betas usually mean nothing...the only thing you can confirm from this beta are the characters used, stages used, and itmes used.  Everything else can be changed. 

Message 4 of 8 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 29, 2012

I know for a fact it won't be online only, the first thing they showed was a 4 player, one screen match. I'm just annoyed that I can't try one of those out in the Beta.

Message 5 of 8 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

I know for a fact it won't be online only, the first thing they showed was a 4 player, one screen match. I'm just annoyed that I can't try one of those out in the Beta.

Oh yeah I couldn't agree more.  We have a VERY small fraction of the game at our fingertips and there's tons of glitches already.  We don't have game modes, maps, characters, items, etc... all this stuff to be tested and there's a possibility we may see bugs after the game releases. 

We don't have very much of the content and not very much time to find out bugs and stuff.....

Message 6 of 8 (86 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jul 29, 2012

i woke up so disappointed that i couldnt play more today. i played my brother often online. i enjoyed teaching him that sly is the best as he came at me with his combo heavy kratos. and i made some new psn friends as well. cant wait to get back in the game

Message 7 of 8 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Yeah at least u got to play so **bleep**
Message 8 of 8 (30 Views)
0 Likes