Jan 15 2013
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

A Personal Victory

[ Edited ]
3 replies 136 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Just finished an FFA Stock match with Jak, and I feel triumphant... although I didn't actually win.

I like to practice with characters like Jak and Good Cole in Quick Match, and today I was playing as Jak (at Level 150).  I was in a Stock match with a Drake, a Ratchet, and an Evil Cole.  They were in the Level 200s or so, except for Ratchet who was much higher.  Drake was the first to be eliminated, and Ratchet sadly followed (even though he was really good).  Then it came down to just me and the Evil Cole.

Evil Cole had still had three lives, and I had two.  He did teabag and spam the Double Grenade a tad bit before it was just us two, but it still felt like we were evenly matched, going toe to toe, and I was doing pretty well.  He even tried and failed to throw me a few times, after which I threw him upwards. Smiley LOL  Eventually I got him down to one life with my Level 1s, while I still had my two lives.

Aaaand then, suddenly, he charges his Giga Punch.

The rest just... happened, basically.  He used the Giga Punch hit-confirm to take my two lives and get the quick, easy win.  I tried to avoid it, but I wasn't all that good with maneuverability with Jak yet.  So, I lost.

BUT, it was still a personal victory in the end, knowing that I basically had to reduce him to hit-confirms just to win against me.  So I knew I had still put up a good fight. Smiley Happy

Has anyone else felt like they had their own personal victories in a match, even though they didn't actually win?

Message 1 of 4 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Re: A Personal Victory

Jan 15, 2013
Yes when I went against a Raiden as Spike and we both had 1 life left with both our partners dead. We fought for a good ten minutes and I nearly got him several times with a lvl 1 but in the end I lost due to a kill confirmSmiley Sad. But since it was the best I had ever played in a game it felt like a victory anyway.

Hardcore

Message 2 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Re: A Personal Victory

Jan 15, 2013
CIRCLE TO VICTORY ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
Message 3 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts