Jul 11 2012
By: IceColdKilla44 Gaming Beast 1773 posts

A More detailed Analysis of the Super System.

[ Edited ]
66 replies 1153 views Edited Jul 11, 2012

Found a few things that I originally thought were glitches in the new EVO gameplay that I thought I should bring to your guys' attention (in case they haven't already found these). it actually gives some information that I actually wasn't familiar with.

First, look at this GameTrailers video

1) Notice that at 1:14, Drake does a Level 2 Super, but seemingly only loses one Super Bar. But what you have to realize is that the Super bar growth seems exponential, not linear. Which means it works a lot like a Level Up system in online games; it takes more xp and time to reach level 3 than it does to reach level 2. So to make a very crude example, if it takes 50 hits to fill a level 1 super, it'll take an additional 100 to fill level 2 and another 150 to fill level 3. That's why Drake still has tons of bar left after using his level 2.

I'll leave the rest of my original post untouched, just to give you guys an idea of what you might assume at first glance. Knowing the above information, you should be able to see why these aren't actually "glitches."

2) At 2:16, Toro does a Level 2 super, but only loses one bar for it. He does it later again at 3:06, but this time it looks like the correct amount of Super Bar was taken away.

Now look at this other GT video

3) Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but at 1:25 when Big Daddy does his level 3 super, Sly just stays at the top of the screen. I was under the impression that we was supposed to float down and not stay up there the whole time. Again, not 100% sure this is a glitch, but I thought I should bring it up anyways.

4) At 2:24, probably the biggest glitch I've seen for this game: Sly Cooper does a Level 2 Super but loses absolutely no bar. In fact, he does ANOTHER level 2 super right aftewards. He loses the correct amount of bar the second time, though. Still, SuperBot should probably look into this. 

5) At 3:13, Radec does a Level 2 Super but only loses about 1 bar (he should have lost two). 

Hopefully these are glitches that SuperBot is already aware of. But if not, hopefully you guys can help me spread the word so they see this thread :robotwink:

Message 1 of 67 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: Attention SuperBot: Glitches discovered in PS All Stars EVO gameplay

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

Also this time the error that has the ability Heihachi second level compared to other characters ( 12 seconds vs 5 ~ 6 seconds)

I have compared his duration with others lv.2 that look alike as Big Daddy or PaRappa and have seen that has more duration

Big Daddy -> 6 seconds (minute - 2:10)

PaRappa -> 6 seconds (minute - 3:05)

Heihachi -> 12 seconds (minute - 2:05)

Message 2 of 67 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

1) Drake is halfway to a level 3. A level 3 costs more than a level 1 and a level 2, so when Drake uses his level 2, he gets the AP left from the half filled level 3 super meter, which equals a level 1 plus halfway to a level 2.

2) Same thing as 1)

3) Not sure what to make of that

4) Same as 1 and 2. As you can clearly see on the other players. Their super meters look different, very different from Sly's. As soon as he uses the level 2, it changes back to having that "lightning" thing on top of the bar.
Which means he's very very very close to a level 3 super, but he uses the AP to get a level 2 and then the rest of the AP sums up to another level 2. It's something to exploit indeed, but no glitch.

5) I didn't even check this time, but I guess it's the same thing.

I've kept an eye on this aswell, but only recently it started making sense to me. I've seen Big Daddy do this plenty of times aswell.

Message 3 of 67 (1,121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Nice finds. i just watched both videos and can confirm all of these.
as for 3) i thought you were able to swim slowly, but never seen that fast.. maybe its one of slys abilities?? swim faster?
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 4 of 67 (1,111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Alsborg91 wrote:

Also this time the error that has the ability Heihachi second level compared to other characters ( 12 seconds vs 6 seconds)

I'm not sure if we can confirm this is a "glitch" because we don't know whether or not that was intentional. This is the first time we've seen that Super; we'd have to know what the "normal" version looks like to confirm this is a glitch.

But I think it's something SuperBot should look at, though.

Message 5 of 67 (1,106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 11, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Alsborg91 wrote:

Also this time the error that has the ability Heihachi second level compared to other characters ( 12 seconds vs 6 seconds)

I'm not sure if we can confirm this is a "glitch" because we don't know whether or not that was intentional. This is the first time we've seen that Super; we'd have to know what the "normal" version looks like to confirm this is a glitch.

But I think it's something SuperBot should look at, though.

The Heihachi Kuma time limit is definitely something that needs to be looked at, but the rest of these "finds" aren't glitches.

Message 6 of 67 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 11, 2012
It's not a glitch, you get AP for your kills
Message 7 of 67 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 11, 2012

harley2947 wrote:
It's not a glitch, you get AP for your kills

Are people just ignoring my post?

Also you don't get AP for kills. It's confirmed in all videos.

Message 8 of 67 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Half way meter to 3 means he has 2.5.. so using it would use 2.. which leaves you with 0.5.
I dont get what you mean "its not a glitch"
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 9 of 67 (1,085 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
Half way meter to 3 means he has 2.5.. so using it would use 2.. which leaves you with 0.5.
I dont get what you mean "its not a glitch"

No it doesn't leave you with 0.5, because a level 3 costs more than a level 2 to reach AFTER you've already reached your first level 2.

If you check some of the videos you'll see people use a level 2 super as they're less than halfway to a level 3 and they're lef t with a level 1 super to use.

Message 10 of 67 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes