Feb 11 2013
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

A Minor Issue (Random Select Rant)

4 replies 73 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

I don't really know why this bothers me. It might be because I hate playing online with spoiled todgers who whine about nerfs all day, but that's not the point of this rant. The point of this rant is a small annoying issue known as the Random Select button.

Now I'm going to make a bit of a comparision here. You know Street Fighter? When you press random select in Street Fighter, it simply shows you a question mark. You don't know who you're playing as, and it adds to the tension; the very reason behind Random Select for a lot of people.

In Playstation All-Stars though, if you click Random, all it does is automatically select a character and 'lets' you de-select it if you don't want it.

For starters this is incredibly annoying. See, what I like to do is hit Random Select on 'everyone'. It makes it fun to see who I'm going to be playing 'AFTER' I enter the match, and who I'm going to be fighting. Its not enough to simply close my eyes, since the characters also talk after being selected and pretty much flat out tell me who's who.

This isn't exactly a large issue. It'd be friggin' sweet to see it fixed but, again, this is a minor nitpick of mine and probably mine alone. Just wanted to throw a rant up about it.

Message 1 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Re: A Minor Issue (Random Select Rant)

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

how can you call ppl who want nerf, when you whine about something so **bleep** stupid?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 2 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Fred1023 wrote:

how can you call ppl who want nerf, want you whine about something so **bleep** stupid?

You apparently didn't read the whole thing. This is a very small problem that I don't expect to be fixed and just wanted a place to vent it. I'm in no way demanding they change it.

Message 3 of 5 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Feb 11, 2013

MarrowOchi wrote:

Fred1023 wrote:

how can you call ppl who want nerf, want you whine about something so **bleep** stupid?

You apparently didn't read the whole thing. This is a very small problem that I don't expect to be fixed and just wanted a place to vent it. I'm in no way demanding they change it.

---

Don't even mind comments like his; incompetence and hostility seems to be the nature of this forum. Just ignore it and hope for better responses in your threads.

And I know what you mean. My friends and I used to have random FFA matches all the time in Smash Bros. Part of the thrill of random matches is the anticipation of who you'll end up with. Whether it's when the game starts or at the loading screen. The way All-Stars does it kills the anticipation but it doesn't have to necessarily ruin the fun. Instead of de-selecting what random was selected for you...how about not?

In that aspect, you yourself are ruining the experience.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Message 5 of 5 (43 Views)
0 Likes