Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Re: A Message to all Spammers...

Dec 21, 2012

sonic1017 wrote:

I know that feel man. I only made this thread because I just came off a string of incredibly bad games where the only game I one was exploiting the 'projectile-absorbing-shield' that Sir Dan has. That thing can have ridiculous AP gain against Ratchet, like his rocket giving you 120AP. That's enough for a level 1 XD

That's not an exploit.  That's what it's meant to do, and why Sir Dan is such a good counter pick to characters like Jak and Ratchet.  That's pretty much how all fighting games work -- figure out what your character is good at, and then dump a whole lot of it on your opponent.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 11 of 23 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 21, 2012
@sonic....
one simple way to get away from that.... Don't give em the dam opportunity

Example invasion, your on 1 platform and am on the other, you could be doing anything and I could be radec, what's the best thing to do for radec well since sniper is the only thing to get a decent shot then yes I would mash the F outta that till you decided to do something else. Am not going to change what am doing till you get over to the other platform and do something......

Simple they can only spam if you let them
Message 12 of 23 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9943 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Zoning characters like Radec and Jak should spam. They aren't very good up close, they are just working with what they got. Zoning is a viable strategy.

Now if there's a noob Kratos spamming Square, Square, Square that's different. Because first off, he's doing it all wrong. Any basic Kratos combo should start with Square, Square, Triangle. It's a launcher that's really easy to follow up.

But as others have said, people only spam if you let them.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 13 of 23 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Heya... just a thought but... If you are so sick and tired of being hit by the same move over and over again learn to block, avoid and or punish it maybe?

Come watch competitive and casual PSASBR play:
http://twitch.tv/hotboxgaming
Message 14 of 23 (132 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 21, 2012
if I know am against a spamming kratos F-square I as a sackboy main know full well to prevent this keep my distance n use cake n jam does mean am a spammer. Does it F am using my initiative to win as I blaits is going to lose keep getting chain grabbed....

otherwise what you want me to try n get close and increase the chances of me losing because you want me to 'mix' it up a bit, nah id prefer to win lol....

Most spammers don't win anyway because they don't combo which is where the real AP is
Message 15 of 23 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I've been seeing all kinds of spam. kratos, drake, sackboy (STILL), evil cole, sly, big daddy, raiden, radec,  and even Toro! I'm sick of it too. I play 2v2, so when my partner dies im usually left fighting an actually decent player and his partner who makes it impossible to fight because he gets in the way. If i try to roll they just grab me out of it, or I somehow get hit during it. If i block they grab me. I don't care if they beat me, they still are the worse player in my opinion

Message 16 of 23 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 21, 2012
lol I was actually expecting a good thread here, but yet again we get a whiner.

I was hoping for the title to show me a thread starting like this
"ha ha learn more moves? I already know how to dodge that ONE move you can do" actually going against them, instead of going with the popular "spammers, you win. I simply CAN'T learn how to dodge your move Smiley Sad"
Message 17 of 23 (104 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 21, 2012
In any competitive enviornment, alot of high rated characters spam with certain characters. Mvc all morrigans spam and have exact combo. All zeros have exact setup spam. Most joes spammed boomerang. Sf4 hadoukens everywhere, shoryukens upon wakeup. Everygame will have a spammer, its your job as a player to exploit the move and win...
Message 18 of 23 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Pretty self-explanatory:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spamming-Or-Effective-Strategy-A...

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 19 of 23 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
439 posts

Dec 21, 2012

all i read fromt his post was, SPAMERS! I SWARE TO GOD! I RAGE! There is such a thing as guard and evade and teching in this game. Do something about it. If you really need help, you can add me, i know a 135 ap burst for every character. Though, im not giving out spikes because he's my main. you'd just have to fight me when I use him. 

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Message 20 of 23 (87 Views)
0 Likes