Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: A Diehard Smash Bros. Fan Goes Hands On With PSASBR

Oct 5, 2012

o.0 did he just play the beta or the actual game? because he said there were bugs etc someone should inform him that those are fixedSmiley Tongue

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 11 of 24 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Its a great review, but like he said this is just the first game. No one should expect this game to do well now but maybe in the future it will become more.

Playstation sig
Message 12 of 24 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I know what ya mean abotu the controls being 'loose & sluggish', I felt the same way, I hear newer builds are much improved though, either way it's fun enough for me!

I'm kinda hoping they have a 'HP' mode for a little more standard fights.

I think it will be like brawl in the this sense: You know how as soon as you enter the lobby in brawl, the first thing every player does is switch the default timed match over to stock? That will happen with this game, as soon as peopel enter the lobby they'll switch from 'AP super mode K.O. only' mode to something liek stock or HP mode, whatever they have and people like best Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 24 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I know what ya mean abotu the controls being 'loose & sluggish', I felt the same way, I hear newer builds are much improved though, either way it's fun enough for me!

I'm kinda hoping they have a 'HP' mode for a little more standard fights.

I think it will be like brawl in the this sense: You know how as soon as you enter the lobby in brawl, the first thing every player does is switch the default timed match over to stock? That will happen with this game, as soon as peopel enter the lobby they'll switch from 'AP super mode K.O. only' mode to something liek stock or HP mode, whatever they have and people like best Smiley Happy

They have a stock mode

Photobucket
Message 14 of 24 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I was actually surprised by this review. I'm prettty content with few of his points. I could disagree on the impact points. But all in all, this is probably one of the most favorable reviews we could get from a nintendo player.

Great job. =D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 24 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Oct 5, 2012
FINALLY a real look at gameplay and legit perspective on where this game is. I agree in alot of senses on this game I DID have a lot more concerns before I went to a walmart and/or gamestop and played an even more polished demo (my impressions on that later). I don't really give a **bleep** about character arguments and the like as long as we have at least half a decent roster and I can find a main which is often the first actual selection I make I'm fine. The Smash shadow concern isn't a big one to me mostly because I still have the games and if I wanna play it I will (but prolly won't anymore especially since I'll have this game). Unfortunately the general public and consumer doesn't think that way this will always be "copy" and "rip-off" "won't ever be as good as the original" and the like sad but true. I respect this guys opinion and views especially since I come from the same kind of background being heavy into fighting games and not just on a social or casual level, like frame data involved and all that. I have some of the same gripes with this game in all builds so it would appear that some of these issues would consist until release or until later builds.
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 16 of 24 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 5, 2012
hmmm... I disagree with saying that landing hits isnt sastifying but other than that your fairly spot on
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 17 of 24 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I find landing hits very satisfying because it gets me closer to my level 3 super. Smiley Tongue
Message 18 of 24 (88 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6399 posts

Oct 5, 2012
While I do disagree with the control scheme and the landing hits things and well a few others, I am quite suprised from this review. Even though he was basically comparing it to other fighting games (he didn't only compare it to Smash that is a first) it was probably one of the greatest biased ones I read. A better job than 90% of all the other reviewers.
Message 19 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Oct 5, 2012
its still an amazing game. theres a few improvements that could be made, but its still really fun and realy awesome
Message 20 of 24 (70 Views)
0 Likes