Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Re: A Diehard Smash Bros. Fan Goes Hands On With PSASBR

Oct 5, 2012

Finally, a review that gives it to us straight. I'm sick of all the fanboy "I'm a Sony fan and this game mashes Sony games together!!! 20/10!!!!!!" "reviews", so it's good to see an unbiased/objective review. I had a feeling (since I didn't get into the beta) that the controls were goint to be too loose, I don't know why, I just did. That's one thing I hope SB fixes before launch. Floaty controls are what really hurts games like Killzone 2, so please tighten them up SB. 

Message 21 of 24 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012
^^ There was bias but it wasn't so prominent that it affected the reviewer's opinion unlike other biased morons.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 24 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Oct 5, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I know what ya mean abotu the controls being 'loose & sluggish', I felt the same way, I hear newer builds are much improved though, either way it's fun enough for me!

I'm kinda hoping they have a 'HP' mode for a little more standard fights.

I think it will be like brawl in the this sense: You know how as soon as you enter the lobby in brawl, the first thing every player does is switch the default timed match over to stock? That will happen with this game, as soon as peopel enter the lobby they'll switch from 'AP super mode K.O. only' mode to something liek stock or HP mode, whatever they have and people like best Smiley Happy

They have a stock mode

I know, I just figured there may be a mode yet to be revealed that ends up getting liked even more than stock, point being the AP Super mode wont be it., IMO.

Message 23 of 24 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I like the fact that he didn't unjustly bash the game. He expressed issues he had, and they were legitimate. However, some of his issues I find exactly the opposite. I can respect this guy for being calm about it, because that's rare to see about this game from a Smash fan.

However, a lot of his issues stem from the fact that he's playing a much earlier build than the current one (IGN, I believe it was, claimed that the beta was really unpolished, but Moriarty clarified that the SuperBot build is a massive improvement), only playing one game mode - and likely the worst one, to a Smash fan or otherwise - etc. He's got some good points - or rather, understandable ones - but I feel like he'd be satisfied, as a fighting game fan, with the full game. At least he's got an open mind.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 24 of 24 (47 Views)
0 Likes