Sep 27 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

A DLC solution

20 replies 344 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

So many of you have exspressed your opinions on DLC and believe that it is a greedy tactic to take certain charecters and keep them out for money. It's really like a hostage I agree but I have a solution. UNdoubatably superbot won't be able to fit all the charecters the fans want into the game and some of them are great choices that superbot didn't see coming and thus can't add this late in production. Why not make 2 seperate DLC packs one full of legends whose calvary of fans came a moment too late (cloud maybe? Dart feld? ETC. we dont know how many made it so I can't say) and then a DLC pack of charecters who are widely requested but not enough demand to warrant putting them in over the other heroes (lightning, ethan mars, ETC). 

The latter could be paid DLC while the former would come free and monthly. what do you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Re: A DLC solution

Sep 27, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

So many of you have exspressed your opinions on DLC and believe that it is a greedy tactic to take certain charecters and keep them out for money. It's really like a hostage I agree but I have a solution. UNdoubatably superbot won't be able to fit all the charecters the fans want into the game and some of them are great choices that superbot didn't see coming and thus can't add this late in production. Why not make 2 seperate DLC packs one full of legends whose calvary of fans came a moment too late (cloud maybe? Dart feld? ETC. we dont know how many made it so I can't say) and then a DLC pack of charecters who are widely requested but not enough demand to warrant putting them in over the other heroes (lightning, ethan mars, ETC). 

The latter could be paid DLC while the former would come free and monthly. what do you think?

Free seems like a stretch for a new developer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (340 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I don't mind paying for character packs (as long as there is a Sony Imagesoft character pack) I think it'll be awesome, like a third party pack with characters like Ty, Gex, Croc, Prinny, Raziel, Rayman, Yu, and Lara Croft.

Playstation sig
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (326 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 27, 2012

They them selves said that it would be a shame to charge players for some charecters. and what if they were to do something like 1 free charecters a month and 2 buyable charecters? fans would get the charecters they are dying for and the fans of the less popular ones would get their charecters still. and most of all superbot gets the revenue!!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Sep 27, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

They them selves said that it would be a shame to charge players for some charecters. and what if they were to do something like 1 free charecters a month and 2 buyable charecters? fans would get the charecters they are dying for and the fans of the less popular ones would get their charecters still. and most of all superbot gets the revenue!!

I would be ok with this though I'm not sure how many characters they will put out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Sep 27, 2012
its not DLC its add-ons...lol :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Add ons are DLC. If SuperBot had free characters I will got to their hq and give them a 5 dollar bill
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (295 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 27, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
Add ons are DLC. If SuperBot had free characters I will got to their hq and give them a 5 dollar bill

what he said, here guys you deserve this

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Lolol im just going to luagh if Add Ons means new character costume and maps! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 27, 2012

DLC has gotten a really bad reputation as of late...and its completely justified.  companies have been getting really greedy with it.  However, I don't think superbot is like that.  that are a few rules developers need to follow in order for DLC to a fantastic thing.

1.  it can't be made before the release of the game and locked on the disc (*cough cough* capcom *cough cough*)

2.  it can't come out on the same day or near the game's release date

3.  it needs to be made with the idea of expanding the lifespan of the game its for and not just for the sole purpose of making money

4.  It can't feel like it was supposed to be in the game to begin with but was removed just so the developers can charge you extra for it.  for example, if superbot got the rights for cloud during the development of this game but decided they would rather have him as DLC just because they know people would buy him, that's just wrong

5.  it needs to be fairly priced.  we don't want anymore horse armor

As long as developers follow these simple rules, i think DLC is a welcome edition

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (257 Views)