Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Re: A DLC solution

Sep 27, 2012
Why would it be holding them hostage?
That's most selfish and arrogant thing I've heard today. Why should any non-disc characters be free? Plus, what is with this entitlement issue with characters and DLC?

"Superbot is greedy for making us pay for characters we actually want!"
Ugh...
Get over it.
It's a business, and it's supposed to make money to be successful and fund future projects. And if they have a brand that people want and know they can make money from it, then I hope it's paid DLC. Support goes both ways. We support the company, financially and critically; and they'll support the fans with updates, future projects, and more content for current projects. It's a partnership among them and us. But the way these "Superbot is greedy" fans are acting makes me feel more like they see us as parasites.

Well I personally don't mind supporting worthwhile ventures financially. I just hope others feel the same way.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Here is the answer to this

Fanboyism - an uncuable disease that causes your ears to tune out other peoples facts and opinions and causes your brain to lack common sence and is spreaded by fanboys making other people go insane from thier blind stupidy and eventually turning into fanboys them selves. If you have any other questions about this strang disease that your doctor probably doesn't know about, feel free to contact this number 1-800-613-8840. We are open from 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST Monday - Friday.
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Sep 27, 2012
At the end of the day, you don't have to buy DLC, and I think the conditions for what SLC should be listed on the previous page was good. I'm all for DLC if it meets those conditions :smileyhappy:

Also Stefan, who does that phone number belong to? :smileytongue:
PSASBR Cover - Updated with Kat and Emmett Renders & Rivalries photo PSASBRBanner-3_zps5dbc59b0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Do you want SuperBot to continue to make games? I'm not sure if you understand what Free DLC could mean exactly. To develop characters in any form, stages, or additional content requires time and effort from other people. People like making games, but should also be paid for their time and effort. DLC is an opportunity to give fans new content, continue to pay developers in exchange for constant support instead of moving them on to a new project, and hopefully extend the life of the game. If a project is no longer bringing in money, then it's unlikely that there will be continued support, and DLC won't exist.

DLC has a bad rap, but in theory and in proper practice, it's an effective way to keep jobs in the market, extend the lifespans of games, and give the fans more content. There's also this misconception that all Day 1 DLC is bad. It's not. Sometimes, a game goes Gold and is ready to be shipped when developers find that they have a little more time on their hands. Since they have more time before the game ships, they begin to work on other features or content that could've been added, but wasn't ready or planned at the moment. They then release this DLC usually as soon as they finish it, close to release date, or the Day of. This is Day 1, or week 1 DLC. It could've been free, but it's an opportunity to make a little extra money for a little extra work that was done when they could've taken a well needed vacation after the development cycle was complete. These are not bad business practices. Some companies like Namco give this DLC out for free. Other companies (CapCom) plan this DLC before release and charge later, both as an attempt to gain additional revenue (sometimes bad), and as an attempt to continue or extend the life cycle of a game that had questionable appeal or low chances for longevity. I

don't necessarily agree or disagree with most of these practices. Instead, I like to say that I understand. Not all companies will be like Namco and give you pre-planned DLC for free. I'm also willing to bet that if the Capcom fiasco hadn't gone so horribly awry, there's a chance that it wouldn't be free, but it is and no one can be sure but the team. Also, not all companies are going to charge you. But most companies do want to extend the lives of their games, even if only by a day more for many factors (extra publicity, fan demand, customer loyalty, etc.), and DLC is a way to do that and get some money for it in the process.

Just my 2 cents.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (124 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12364 posts

Sep 27, 2012
My problems with DLC. It splits the community into players who bought it and those that did not. Also, it is rare for the DLC to be a reasonable price. I like how Starhawk has free maps. I would love if PSASBR did this. To the guy who said it would be weird for a new developer to have free DLC- Sony decides all pricing and if it should be free. It does not matter if the developer is Naughty Dog or Nihilistic (bleh)

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 27, 2012

bob-maul wrote:
My problems with DLC. It splits the community into players who bought it and those that did not. Also, it is rare for the DLC to be a reasonable price. I like how Starhawk has free maps. I would love if PSASBR did this. To the guy who said it would be weird for a new developer to have free DLC- Sony decides all pricing and if it should be free. It does not matter if the developer is Naughty Dog or Nihilistic (bleh)

It doesn't have to split the community in 2. Capcom was trying to find a way around this, hence the SFxT incident with on-disc DLC. However, NetherRealm studios seems to be working on a way to give players additional content, while making others update their games to participate with everyone else. The problem is that it'll take up harddrive space which isn't fair to those who don't buy the content. If there was a way to do a server based upload which would allow the non-DLC players to participate, it would pretty awesome. I think with the advent of cloud services, we may see a change in this issue.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Sep 27, 2012
I have no problems with dlc even day 1 dlc as long as the game feels like it's a complete game and not like marvel vs capcom 3 where half the game was missing on disk
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12364 posts

Sep 27, 2012
@Fear In a fighting game, equality is key in character choice.
@soviet Day 1 paid DLC has no reason to exist. A "gold" game is normally done a month ahead. if you can make worthwhile DLC in 1 month, it should be paid. But this stuff is worked on BEFORE it goes gold. and should be free or much cheaper than average DLC

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Every seems to be griping at me despite the fact that everyother thread I've posted on has been welcoming DLC wholeheartedly. The reason I called this thread DLC solution is because some people believe DLC is a horrible thing and I was trying to pitch a scenario where it could be very good or helpful even to the most hardened of DLC haters. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I support DLCif it isnt ridiculously priced and is actually game extending. I refuse to buy capcom DLc though cuz there ridiculous. I do understand that it can split the community, but both netherrealm and namco have had free update downloads so that you could still play with people who have DLC and you don't. I believe that is the solution to that issue. also free DLC is extremely rare and I see why it is DLC is meant to make a little extra money after the game is released. would you work for lets say a month or two and not get paid just to please someone? I doubt it so thats why it will likely be paid. I see Superbot making worthwhile DLC in the future but I still see pricing as the issue. will still get it but I know it hurt my wallet. O well this game and Superbot have been great so Isupport them.

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes