Reply
Splicer
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

i had high expectations for it and it still blew me away, its pretty amazing.

 


If this game wasn't 60 bucks i would have to agree but if they pricing that range they better meet up to my expectations. I really want to support superbot and see a sequel for this game but come on their just not enough content for a 60 buck purchase. 

Message 31 of 51 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2012
Offline
5383 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012
^Dude pretty much all new games are 60 bucks nowadays
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 32 of 51 (106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

I still don't understand why we get Emo Dante rather than the established PS2 version.


Ninja Theory's call, not Superbot's.


Nope. Capcom AND Superbot's call. Superbot could have simply said no. It's an artistic choice. I would have approved.

Message 33 of 51 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2012
Offline
5383 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012
Say no? why? it's still dante! We want the character, but we can only have him if he uses his newer version...why would you say no? that's dumb
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 34 of 51 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Say no? why? it's still dante! We want the character, but we can only have him if he uses his newer version...why would you say no? that's dumb

For principle. For the same reason we say no to Goku or Naruto only because they'd bring a lot of costumers.

Message 35 of 51 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

Anyway, I read the review and I completely agree. 

Message 36 of 51 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
309 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

That review is not written persuasivly. Its written vehemently. It's pretty clear this reviewer is biased against this game and clearly doesn't understand the difficulties in aquiring characters. Furthermore the reviewer's use of hyperbole in stating that he "wouldn't even be surprised" if the game had flashing sublimal messages to buy games undermines his credibility and integrity. The entire thing you posted here is a sham of a review. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 37 of 51 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

khailcon wrote:

That review is not written persuasivly. Its written vehemently. It's pretty clear this reviewer is biased against this game and clearly doesn't understand the difficulties in aquiring characters. Furthermore the reviewer's use of hyperbole in stating that he "wouldn't even be surprised" if the game had flashing sublimal messages to buy games undermines his credibility and integrity. The entire thing you posted here is a sham of a review. 


Reviewers who don't consider the fact that this roster is ridicolous are biased.

What he says it's completely true and objective, and the fact that people here are angry about this only confirms it.

Message 38 of 51 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
309 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

khailcon wrote:

That review is not written persuasivly. Its written vehemently. It's pretty clear this reviewer is biased against this game and clearly doesn't understand the difficulties in aquiring characters. Furthermore the reviewer's use of hyperbole in stating that he "wouldn't even be surprised" if the game had flashing sublimal messages to buy games undermines his credibility and integrity. The entire thing you posted here is a sham of a review. 


Reviewers who don't consider the fact that this roster is ridicolous are biased.

What he says it's completely true and objective, and the fact that people here are angry about this only confirms it.


Hardly. I agree the roster the not up to snuff. But to suggest that it is "ridiculous" just because a few iconic characters are missing is heavy handed. I can be angry at a review that doesn't give a fair shake to the game. The reviewer is in his own right to have his opinions.  But when every compliment he levels at his game is followed by a contridicting detraction, one has to see the reviewer as suspect. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 39 of 51 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

khailcon wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

khailcon wrote:

That review is not written persuasivly. Its written vehemently. It's pretty clear this reviewer is biased against this game and clearly doesn't understand the difficulties in aquiring characters. Furthermore the reviewer's use of hyperbole in stating that he "wouldn't even be surprised" if the game had flashing sublimal messages to buy games undermines his credibility and integrity. The entire thing you posted here is a sham of a review. 


Reviewers who don't consider the fact that this roster is ridicolous are biased.

What he says it's completely true and objective, and the fact that people here are angry about this only confirms it.


Hardly. I agree the roster the not up to snuff. But to suggest that it is "ridiculous" just because a few iconic characters are missing is heavy handed. I can be angry at a review that doesn't give a fair shake to the game. The reviewer is in his own right to have his opinions.  But when every compliment he levels at his game is followed by a contridicting detraction, one has to see the reviewer as suspect. 


This is not the case anyway.

You're right obviously the roster isn't ridicolous, that was simply an hyperbole.

But criticize the presence of New Dante or Raiden or Bioshock's Columbia is completely right. That's what I read on this review, and I think it could have even go deeper on the roster.

That wasn't biased at all, it's all true.

Message 40 of 51 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes