Splicer
45 posts

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

Nov 20, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

Did the original Tekken have that mode? No. Development for this game had to center on the graphics, gameplay, and characters. They cannot focus their resources on extras from the beginning. However, with a sequel, you have a great foundation to begin with. You can upgrade the engine, edit out any rough edges, add some more stuff. The foundation is done which leaves open plenty of room for your tacky volleyball modes. For the first in a series, it is pretty difficult to pull off. The priorities have to be straight.

That is why i think they use too much time trying to make things seamless with the vita, they should have never try to develop both. They should just have focus on one thing at a time and make a polish product. 

Message 21 of 51 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 20, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:
did anyone else read the comments on that page, man that was a great review of tap water

i did xD it was great

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 22 of 51 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 20, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Did the original Tekken have that mode? No. Development for this game had to center on the graphics, gameplay, and characters. They cannot focus their resources on extras from the beginning. However, with a sequel, you have a great foundation to begin with. You can upgrade the engine, edit out any rough edges, add some more stuff. The foundation is done which leaves open plenty of room for your tacky volleyball modes. For the first in a series, it is pretty difficult to pull off. The priorities have to be straight.

That is why i think they use too much time trying to make things seamless with the vita, they should have never try to develop both. They should just have focus on one thing at a time and make a polish product. 

They did not develop the Vita version. Bluepoint did. SB had no resources over there.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 23 of 51 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 20, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

have you played the full game?

Message 24 of 51 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I'm looking, but I'm not seeing the good points anywhere....maybe they are under this rock...*checks* Nope
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 25 of 51 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 20, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

shadowmist007 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

They did not develop the Vita version. Bluepoint did. SB had no resources over there.

Well i bet vita limit the ps3 version. They still also have to talk and wait for the other group their still cross over between groups, it still can slow them down a little bit even if they have another team working on it. 

Message 26 of 51 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 20, 2012
wo wait since when do we have mods?

Message 27 of 51 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

Whenever someone rightfully asks "why did they choose Ninja Theory Dante over original Dante?" They're always met with the answer "Because Capcom are trying to promote the new DMC game derp," as if that somehow justifies it and is a totally unproblematic answer.

I mean, don't you people see how that might be a bad thing? It shows that companies are merely using the game as a billboard to further their own enterprise. There's no colloborative, celebratory spirit here. Just a cynical touting of wares. I'll say it again, Sony and Superbot should have had the balls to be more strict with the companies; to demand content with more relevance to playstation history.

You need to realise that Superbot don't exactly have a strong position to bargain from. They're a new company who have yet to prove themselves, and other companies will get very protective over IP's when the new kid on the scene starts asking for them.

I know Superbot don't, but Sony do. The fact that they didn't seem to exercise much strictness shows that money and sales is just as much a preoccupation for Sony as it is for Capcom, 2k, Activision etc. Annoying really. Annoying that a game which is supposed to be a celebration is completely dogged by corporate interests.

I trust Superbot's heart was in the right place, but **bleep**, the video games industry is becoming a bit rotten.

Message 28 of 51 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

have you played the full game?

No i haven't im not paying 60 bucks for it but i'll it get down the line when its cheaper, love how superbot been involve with community and hardcore. But just observing and following this game really closely, i knew it be a little disappointed because i have high expectations for it. So not many suprises pretty much knew the game in and out lol.  

Message 29 of 51 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 20, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

No i haven't im not paying 60 bucks for it but i'll it get down the line when its cheaper, love how superbot been involve with community and hardcore. But just observing and following this game really closely, i knew it be a little disappointed because i have high expectations for it. 

i had high expectations for it and it still blew me away, its pretty amazing.

Message 30 of 51 (72 Views)