Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Re: 6/10 Review that sort of makes good points (non-gameplay)

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Whenever someone rightfully asks "why did they choose Ninja Theory Dante over original Dante?" They're always met with the answer "Because Capcom are trying to promote the new DMC game derp," as if that somehow justifies it and is a totally unproblematic answer.

I mean, don't you people see how that might be a bad thing? It shows that companies are merely using the game as a billboard to further their own enterprise. There's no colloborative, celebratory spirit here. Just a cynical touting of wares. I'll say it again, Sony and Superbot should have had the balls to be more strict with the companies; to demand content with more relevance to playstation history.

Message 11 of 51 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

Whenever someone rightfully asks "why did they choose Ninja Theory Dante over original Dante?" They're always met with the answer "Because Capcom are trying to promote the new DMC game derp," as if that somehow justifies it and is a totally unproblematic answer.

I mean, don't you people see how that might be a bad thing? It shows that companies are merely using the game as a billboard to further their own enterprise. There's no colloborative, celebratory spirit here. Just a cynical touting of wares. I'll say it again, Sony and Superbot should have had the balls to be more strict with the companies; to demand content with more relevance to playstation history.

well not many people wnana take a chance with this game, if it fails it ruins their games image. plus if they used old dante people would than go "that means we will get a new devil may cry with old dante, they put old dante in all-stars, so why not make a new one with him?!"

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 12 of 51 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

I would not say it is the sole purpose of the game. I would say using it as a billboard is an ulterior motive. Even then, a business is run to make money. You cannot look at any business and say they are solely looking out for fans. They are looking for money and we are how they get it. Fanservice=money. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 13 of 51 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Just by looking and reading it you kinda knew how this game will turn out. It not bad for superbot first game but things can improve. I don't care about the promotion stuff i said more characters the better but their not even a lot of characters to begin with.  also lack of content and modes. They should have kept capture the flag mode, it seem fun who cares if it was unbalance its all about fun its not vs mode. Other fighting game do it all the time add just random modes like beach volley ball for tekken. 

Message 14 of 51 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 20, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

OK, let me clarify. Why would Superbot choose to allow the unreleased Emo Dante when they were claiming PSASBR is a celebration of Playstation's expansive past - not their shared with Microsoft 3rd party future. Classic PS2 exclusive Dante > Emo Dante

Edited for inflammatory content.

because that was wat capcom wanted otherwise he wouldnt be in the game period

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 15 of 51 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Nov 20, 2012

the way im choosing to look at this is....well playstation will have move implemention in bioshock so why not have them in the game.  also while having the real dante in the game kinda annoys me...capcom may have looked at it from a fighting point of view.  ninja theory made nariko while it was w sony...ninja theory designed this dante which is owned by capcom.  why not have 2 ninja theory characters clash while still technically having a playstation originated franchise in the game  With raiden, wel isnt one of his costumes his costume from the old game?

Message 16 of 51 (138 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Bladecatcher77 wrote:

You need to realise that Superbot don't exactly have a strong position to bargain from. They're a new company who have yet to prove themselves, and other companies will get very protective over IP's when the new kid on the scene starts asking for them.

Message 17 of 51 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 20, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

Just by looking and reading it you kinda knew how this game will turn out. It not bad for superbot first game but things can improve. I don't care about the promotion stuff i said more characters the better but their not even a lot of characters to begin with.  also lack of content and modes. They should have kept capture the flag mode, it seem fun who cares if it was unbalance its all about fun its not vs mode. Other fighting game do it all the time add just random modes like beach volley ball for tekken. 

Did the original Tekken have that mode? No. Development for this game had to center on the graphics, gameplay, and characters. They cannot focus their resources on extras from the beginning. However, with a sequel, you have a great foundation to begin with. You can upgrade the engine, edit out any rough edges, add some more stuff. The foundation is done which leaves open plenty of room for your tacky volleyball modes. For the first in a series, it is pretty difficult to pull off. The priorities have to be straight.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 18 of 51 (132 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 20, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

my personal favorite nonsensical game mode. karting in mortal kombat

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 19 of 51 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 20, 2012
did anyone else read the comments on that page, man that was a great review of tap water
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 20 of 51 (128 Views)
0 Likes