Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: 3rd parties are to blame for all the chaos

Oct 6, 2012
Raiden is a better choice for this game than Snake. This game fits Raiden a lot better than Snake.
Message 11 of 12 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Re: 3rd parties are to blame for all the chaos

Oct 6, 2012
I have to say this isn't true. I don't blame 3rd party. This all came down to Sony. Look, flame me if you want, but I don't think this was well planned. Superbot is hard at work, I'm sure. But they really should have expected fans would hope that a game like "PlayStation All Stars" would be touching on Nostalgia and high points in their very large and varied backlog. I don't mind looking toward the future, but this isn't celebrating the future or even history. It's chocked full of greed, bureuacracy, and an uncomfortable abscence of loyalty.
"Why are they All Stars?"
I want to know why Sony thinks they are. But the answer is probably, "This is who we could get."
And the fact that some of the best 1st party characters aren't even being used just gives me the impression that the people making this game aren't affected by the abscence of that rich history.
I haven't seen all the game has to offer, and it may be unfair to judge an unfinished product so harshly.
But from the crap marketing, disappointing roster, lack of respect for the PS1 era, and Sony's general silence; I just conclude that what this game doesn't have enough of is heart. It's just a real bummer that Superbot and Sony weren't more forthcoming with information on negotiations, fan input and reactions, and future plans. I'm not going to buy this game if after it comes out they are just done with it.

Sony and Superbot, I'm in this for the long haul. Are you?
Message 12 of 12 (62 Views)