Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Re: Forum Tourny! (No petition :) )

Jul 19, 2012

Hey, I am a new poster on this particular board, but I'm in! (Pre-ordered my copy about a week ago)!! Try not to whoop me too bad guys, I am not a fighting game expert, I love Playstation though!!!

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - TidalOneka
Message 51 of 654 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 19, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Hey Epic I think you should list all the names of the competitors in the OP so you dont lose track.

Also,

Hazards: ON

Mode: Free for All Stock

Items: OFF

I agree fully with this.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 52 of 654 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Jul 19, 2012
Im not the best at fighting games but I do believe that Im pretty good at Brawl!
Message 53 of 654 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Jul 19, 2012
Ithe hazards seem to disrupt the gameplay....this is about skill. Right?
Message 54 of 654 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 19, 2012

TidalOneka wrote:

Hey, I am a new poster on this particular board, but I'm in! (Pre-ordered my copy about a week ago)!! Try not to whoop me too bad guys, I am not a fighting game expert, I love Playstation though!!!

It's always good to see some fresh people here in the forum! Welcome and my name is Mario. I'm not too good at fighters myself, but in "Smash" games like Super Smash Bros, I am a total beast so I think you'll have a chance to be good also. Smiley Wink

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 55 of 654 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Firstly I applaud this thread. I was thinking about doing something along the lines of "The Chaos tournament" and one day I will. But It's nice to see someone finally made a thread. So firstly, you might as well give this tournament a sweet name. i'd also recommend making sure the initial post is more eye catching. Near the bottom you should put the answers to the decisions in a different color or something.

I agree for 1v1v1v1 alongside a stock battle set up.

Write me down because I'm all in.

And make a ranking! As reliable as possible lol. We don't know what kind of set up the game will have but if it doesn't have a simple and easy to use tournament layout we can keep track of the winners in this. Make the thread quite unique. And keeping in mind I'm sure multiple people will want to host tournaments so, might as well call this the

FIRST ANNUAL EPIC TOURNAMENT or something lol

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 56 of 654 (260 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

Firstly I applaud this thread. I was thinking about doing something along the lines of "The Chaos tournament" and one day I will. But It's nice to see someone finally made a thread. So firstly, you might as well give this tournament a sweet name. i'd also recommend making sure the initial post is more eye catching. Near the bottom you should put the answers to the decisions in a different color or something.

I agree for 1v1v1v1 alongside a stock battle set up.

Write me down because I'm all in.

And make a ranking! As reliable as possible lol. We don't know what kind of set up the game will have but if it doesn't have a simple and easy to use tournament layout we can keep track of the winners in this. Make the thread quite unique. And keeping in mind I'm sure multiple people will want to host tournaments so, might as well call this the

FIRST ANNUAL EPIC TOURNAMENT or something lol

Hahaha i like that

- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 57 of 654 (255 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Im go for it. though I'll probably forget the time and be busy on the day it happens, but if those dont happen im in.

Photobucket
Message 58 of 654 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 19, 2012
It would be awesome if superbot backed the tourny and gave the winner a prize lol that would be sweet!!!
Message 59 of 654 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Oh and a few more ideas! lol

1. Have a section (all of these ideas in your initial comment) for rivalries. So anyone who wants to fight someone, have it set up. So people can have there first battle truly count. Make people excited, work out any beef if there is any. Basically, If I want to battle you. Set it up as Chaos - > Epic. That's an example though! And more then 1 person can demand for someone, but either make it first come first serve or something.

2. List the people who are for sure going to attend. A lot of people say "I'm in" but never mean it.

3. A date, listing time zones and the time for said match. If someone can't make it, have perhaps a no show, and all 3 advance? And if only 2 or 1 show up then I'm sure you can tweak the standings so the matches work out. If all 4 don't show then just eliminate that section of the bracket, letting the 4 who would've had to fight making 1 a loser all advance.

4. Eventually a 2 v 2 tournament would be nice.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 60 of 654 (236 Views)