Wastelander
632 posts

Re: 3 YEARS

Jan 5, 2013

Maybe it took SuperBot 2 years alone to think of the Super system.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 18 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2886 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Very small staff. And, personally, its my all time favorite fighter.

Message 12 of 18 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 5, 2013

o: I know what you mean. The game feels like it's lacking a bit in content, and things like tags, icons, goals, and combat trials don't fill in the gaps. The story felt lacking to me and a bit of a chore, and could use treaking if there is a future installment. But you know what, what matters is the main core of the game; the fight aspect that is. And you know what? The fight is good...

What helps this game more is the online part. Being able to play thousands of people you never played before in ranked and unranked matches FFA and 2v2 makes this game all the more enjoyable... cept for the quitters... Oh, and also, 20 fighters plus 2 more on the way is not bad for a first game. Hell, Smash Bros had like 12. And SB had to work hard to get characters. Some which have been very hard to get (Crash, Spyro, Cloud). So, SB has done the best they can.

Message 13 of 18 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 5, 2013

this game wasnt always all-stars, it was a side scrolling adventure at one time, capture the flag at another time, for all we know those ideas couldve taken a year and a half. than they had to get the characters, play their games to stay true to them, move sets, voice actors, cutscenes, also they scrapped a bunch of levels, originally they were going to be much larger, but they had to create the levels, build EVERYTHING from scratch, etc. id say 3 years shows their work. 

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 14 of 18 (133 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Jan 5, 2013

So tell me. When is it that a fighting game, let alone a brawler, had an excellent; let alone good story mode in the very first game. 

Photobucket
Message 15 of 18 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 5, 2013

valcroy12 wrote:

So tell me. When is it that a fighting game, let alone a brawler, had an excellent; let alone good story mode in the very first game. 

i cant name a single time :smileytongue: persona 4 arena? wait that was a JRPG before... hmm :smileytongue:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 16 of 18 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 5, 2013
3 years spent planning, acquiring the rights to use all the characters, designing them in accordance to their owning devs approval, designing the stages, designing the game code and the engine, making the networking work and function, balance the characters out not just in terms of their moves and AP gain, but their translation into the working game engine, across all stages and against all enemy opponents.

Assuming the game was in its third year of development when it was announced, it seems the final year was spent mainly making refinements to the engine and balancing, as well as carrying out the hefty job of marketing the game (considering it was present at nearly every gaming convention/conference).

For a team of 50, give or take a few - that is quite an impressive job in just 3 years.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 17 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1806 posts

Jan 5, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
3 years spent planning, acquiring the rights to use all the characters, designing them in accordance to their owning devs approval, designing the stages, designing the game code and the engine, making the networking work and function, balance the characters out not just in terms of their moves and AP gain, but their translation into the working game engine, across all stages and against all enemy opponents.

Assuming the game was in its third year of development when it was announced, it seems the final year was spent mainly making refinements to the engine and balancing, as well as carrying out the hefty job of marketing the game (considering it was present at nearly every gaming convention/conference).

For a team of 50, give or take a few - that is quite an impressive job in just 3 years.

true, i guess, and this is their first game...

Message 18 of 18 (88 Views)
0 Likes