Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2012
By: CalDW19940 I Only Post Everything 1169 posts

2vs2 Tier List Discussion

[ Edited ]
16 replies 398 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

Seen a lot of talk for 1vs1 tier lists so I figured I'd start one for 2vs2, in my opinion this is the much more fun game type available compared to 1vs1 and FFA. I'll give a little tidbit of info and top 3 partners with the best synergy best suited for a character (some will appear more than others and some characters will be able to synergise with most of the cast so it's not like they only have 3 each.)

From top to bottom

Sly

Big Daddy

Nathan Drake

Ratchet

Heihachi

Fat Princess

Evil Cole

Sir Daniel

Spike

Good Cole

Nariko

Kratos

Jak

Radec

Raiden

Sackboy

Toro

Dante

PaRappa

Sweet Tooth

Sly - The one game mode where he shines, his partner acts as a distraction for him to hide, can save his partner from trouble by attacking invisibly and his partners can cover him if he gets caught since he can't dodge. Level 1 is the best partner saving super in the game and can be setup by the partner, He can mix with pretty much any character except himself (Syngery: Big Daddy, Fat princess, Nathan Drake) 

Big Daddy - Similar to Bioshock he is an outstanding protector able to cover characters with poor close range abilities, throw and tech chase game still solid in 2vs2, charge to partners rescue if attacked, juggle enemies for a partner to land a super, use plasmids to extend combos for partners, his supers are the best for saving a partner being double teamed, his downsides against zoners are fixed thanks to his partner. (Synergy: Sly, Ratchet, Nathan Drake)

Nathan Drake - Can create solid defences for his partner, supers that can save them in a pinch, able to use his loops on multiple enemies, can handle himself on his own upclose or at range, all round good covering fire. (Synergy: Big Daddy, Sly, Fat Princess)

Ratchet - Pretty much all the same reasons as drake but with much less useful level 2 and 3, can create some solid ground or air defence using droids or sniper rifle ( Synergy: Big Daddy, Kratos, Heihachi)

Heihachi - DAT BEAR, Kuma can seriously mess with EVERY synergy possible forcing the enemy team to run around like headless chickens and can hunt down and attack Sly even when invisible, solid close range anchor able to hold his own, amazing counter that covers both sides, good meter gain to constantly bring out Kuma (Synergy Ratchet, Sackboy, Nathan Drake)

Fat Princess - One of the few characters able to switch between zoning and close quarter fighting efficiantly, also one of the few that synergises with another Fat Princess, minions can save both herself and partner very well, able to setup her own or partners supers, level 2 good for saving partners or messing with enemy team synergy, minions can mess with enemy synergy ( Synergy: Nathan Drake, Sly, another Fat Princess)

Evil Cole - Solid zoning game able to open up enemies while partner goes to town up close, charged up unblockable punch is one of the best moves in the game for saving his partner and landing double kill supers ( Synergy, Big Daddy, Heihachi, Kratos)

Sir Daniel - Good protector character thanks to his projectiles able to cover ground and air, armored charge to save partner similar to Big Daddy, can absorb enemy projectiles with his shield to protect himself or partner, skullhand good way to save partner and setup combo/super for them, lacks being able to land kills on his own however ( Synergy, Evil Cole, Ratchet, Radec)

Spike - Amazing projectiles for covering his partner from above them especially banana skins, mighty ape can screw with synergy, unblockable charge good way of saving partner, good level 2 for saving partner but kind of stage specific, level 3 is a great threat ( Synergy: Fat Princess, Big Daddy, Evil Cole)

Good Cole - Good zoning game to cover partner, able to escape danger fairly well, ice good for extending partner combo and landing super, partners often get in the way of his combos so he needs to focus on being more of a zoner role ( Synergy, Big Daddy, Sly, Kratos)

Nariko - Good ways of approaching from the air to save partners, chain grab able to pull enemy zoners upclose to her instead of having to charge in, level 1 good for saving partner, level 2 can be good with a partner protecting her, long  animation attacks leave her vulnerable to attack however ( Synergy: Sir Daniel, Big Daddy, Nathan Drake)

Kratos - Solid anchor character capable of saving his partner by interrupting enemy attacks with his long range melee, decent counter attack, half decent charging attack able to save partner from trouble, good throw for getting an enemy away from a partner whilst keeping himself close to the enemy, chain grab can save partner from single attackers, lacks being able to land supers easily on his own (Synergy : Ratchet, Nathan Drake, Sackboy)

Jak - Good area of effect attacks, great mobility for escaping danger, level 3 is the main focus for victory, less reliance on partner protection due to mobility for escaping, side triangle great for saving partner at range and building meter (Synergy: Big Daddy, Kratos, Nathan Drake)

Radec - Good covering fire character with good partner saving supers, able to out zone enemy zoner characters, relies heavily on protection from partner upclose, needs to fight on a large flat stage to be effective ( Synergy: Big Daddy, Kratos, Sir Daniel)

Raiden - Good at fighting most characters 1 on 1 if needed, half decent counter, no ranged attacks or supers at all and is forced to fight up close, relies heavily on a character for covering fire ( Synergy, Ratchet, Nathan Drake, Good Cole)

Sackboy - Can be a half decent covering fire character but will not get supers very often, electric trap good for holding his ground, teleport can get him away from danger if needed, relies heavily on close range protector partner (Synergy, Nathan Drake, Big Daddy, Sir Daniel)

Toro - Can mix up being close range or medium range fighter using his stances, half decent partner saving supers, good long combos, relies on covering fire a lot ( Synergy, Sackboy, Evil Cole, Jak)

Dante - Similar to Raiden in terms of role, very high AP gaining combos, level 2 is great partner saver, sluggish attacks making him vulnerable so requires covering fire ( Synergy: Ratchet, Nathan Drake, Jak)

PaRappa - Can build meter for him and his partner if close to each other with boombox, level 2 and 3 are decent threats, very short range and no good partner saving moves outside of level 2 ( Synergy, Ratchet, Radec, Nathan Drake)

Sweet Tooth - Good traps for controlling space upclose, good ways to get opponents off of him using shotgun, doesn't quite fit the role of protector nor zoner, not many good partner saving attacks ( Synergy, Fat Princess, Sly, Evil Cole)

Let me know your opinions on this list and if you feel there are certain Synergies that are worth mentioning and why.

EDIT: Moved Nariko, Radec and Toro up a place and lowered Kratos and Dante by one after some rethinking from feedback and realising Toro has more options than Dante.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: 2vs2 Tier List Discussion

Dec 27, 2012
tl;dr :catlol:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (372 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Meh, I know it got long winded but was kinda expected if people wanted some reasoning behind the list :L
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Pretty good list. Only a few things I disagree with one being you listing Drakes level 2 as better than Ratchets for me that's a huge no, unless you time it perfectly or your partner holds them in place one or both can escape drakes 2 easily. Ratchets level 2 is 2-3 kills unless your just really bad, it's difficult on big stages but even then if you time it when there close your probably gonna get them both. Also Drake and Heihachi go great together, my grind uses Heihachi and I'm either Ratchet or Drake, and with both I can stay at mid range (where both are best) as he fights them in close and it works great.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Dec 27, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

Toro - Can mix up being close range or medium range fighter using his stances, hald decent partner saving supers, good long combos, relies on covering fire a lot ( Synergy, Sackboy, Evil Cole, Jak)

a

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I don't think jak should be higher than radec on 2v2 except when it becomes 1v2 with jak you have a much better chance of surviving than radec.

Radec's level 1 alone along with his neutral triangle and air projectiles to annoy makes him better for 2v2. Even on maps that are not flat, sufficient distraction and quick use of neutral triangle can get him level 1's really
Quick.

Just my 2c.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 27, 2012

As a Nariko main, I think she is stronger in 2v2s than whats suggested in this thread.
She works really well with people who can organize with her stun attacks for easy kills, she is also good for locking down opponents, if she plays with a Kratos or a Dante she can really turn the tide. her Lvl 2 super is just a no no...just never use it.
That's my opinion, she is definitely not the best nor close to, but she is mid to high-mid tier IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (279 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

@Twisted Avenger Drakes can make a huge "No go zone" that lasts a good while even if he misses while Clank during Ratchet's level 2 is extremly slow and can be killed by other players supers but if you try to do that with Drakes you'll find yourself squashed by the pillars. Least that's how I see it. Good feedback though, especially regarding Drake and Heihachi.

@Tekn0tize Radecs supers are better for 2vs2 but Radec not only relies heavily on what stage he is on but he generally has trouble getting characters off him while Jak has his amazing mobility to take to the skys and get away ASAP if his partner isn't around. Jak's side triangles can get opponents off his partner very well and build him some much needed meter. I think they are pretty even so it's a bit harder to place them but I think I might budge Radec up a bit.

@el-Pointe Funnily enough I was thinking of this earlier today of just swapping Nariko and Kratos' place. Narko does have some great moves to open up her opponent and pull them around the screen and ther ever looming threat of her air down C is great against groups. Level 2 CAN be used with a good protector partner like Big Daddy or someone who can give covering fire but most of the time she won't be partnered with someone like Big Daddy. Thanks for the feedback though.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I'm a Sweet Tooth main. Currently the highest ranked Sweet Tooth player on the 2vs2 leaderboard with a 200 Black Belt. I can't really take any list that has Sweet Tooth at the absolute bottom of any tier list (1vs1, 2vs2, FFA) too seriously. Sweet Tooth is far from being one of better characters in this game but there are most definitely characters worse than Sweet Tooth in all three of these type of match ups.

I think you should consider reassessing your entire tier list over again. There is no way this is accurate.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

@BomB-RideR-14 Sweet Tooth has one of the best tech chase options in the whole game available to him he is a solid mid tier character that dominates up close but struggles against zoners in 1vs1. FFA and 2vs2 then yes Sweet Tooth has a much harder time but in 1vs1 he is a monster at close range and able to put severe pressure on characters as soon as he knocked them down.

Remember this is based on 2vs2 only and Sweet Tooth does not offer that sufficient a role with many characters that another one can simply do better, similar to how Big Daddy is a better protector than most of the cast.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (240 Views)
0 Likes