Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 27 2012
By: FroZiiiN Hekseville Citizen 296 posts

2v2 combinations

[ Edited ]
16 replies 302 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

Ok so based off what we know and have seen who do you people think will be a great tag team???? right off the bat im going to start with radec+ratchet and clank. Radecs biggest problem obviously is when someone gets in on him.... ratcher and crank greatly offset this weakness with ridiculous area denial and decent zning techniques himself.  What I wanna know is what about raiden? who mixes well with such an aggressive character?? maybe a character that demands a lot of attention or else he rules just wins. Someone raiden can protect with his great mobility and ability to isolate characters... maybe sly cooper?... Thoughts? opinions?

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 1 of 17 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: 2v2 combinations

Sep 27, 2012
Also off topic I know and no offense (seriously) but why is everyone on these forums talking about characters they want in the game and complaining about the roster instead of theorycrafting about the characters...... I believe just from the videos alone even of the characters we don't have is enough to start theorycrafting... call me crazy
PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 2 of 17 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 27, 2012
theres gonna be some HARD counterpicks in 2v2 for this game. More then brawl that is.

I recommend learning more then 2 characters.
Message 3 of 17 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 27, 2012

I want to see Cole and Evil Cole on teams Vs. Dante and Raiden

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

well obviously imma learn more than 2 characters... I plan on learning the whole roster... thats how u become competetive. I'm talking lets talk about possible competetive 2v2 tag teams... not jusrt chars imma learn but chars that if i went to a 2v2 tournament with a friend they would be our tourny team. I just wanna get some ideas flowing here. 

Message 5 of 17 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Sep 27, 2012

You think 2 coles on the same team would really be the best choice? they wouldnt offset each others weaknesses too much being as they both suffer from mostly the same things. Raiden and dante may work as the are similar and different enough to be able to do some great things together

Message 6 of 17 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Sep 27, 2012
hmmm, I would like to see sackboy and ratchet, just because I think ratchet or sackboy could cause enough of a distraction for the other character to pull off really cool stuff
Fission Mailed
Message 7 of 17 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 27, 2012
I personally believe that though Ratchet has good shields to put up and decent zoning techniques, Radec would actually be better suite to play with a heavy Rushdown character like Raiden. Raiden seems to be able to combo two or more people at once by himself. He could bring all of the focus on trying to stop him and Radec could be the support character he's supposed to be. For a team to succeed, Radec really needs to be able to stay at a distance and keep the focus away from himself. But if both people on the team are zoners, eventually, somebody will get in. That's why you have to have someone give them trouble up close, and someone else give them trouble at a distance. When they go for Radec, Raiden will make them regret it. If they tag team Raiden, Radec can lay on the pressure.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 8 of 17 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Ya my original thoughts were radec would make a great support to a heavy rushdown character.... I myself plan on maining raiden myself and i want to find the optimal partner.... so what would something like raidens and radecs weaknesses be?? i think people with knowledge of the radec character will make it hard for him... You could easily dodge sniper rounds and both players can make sure raiden doesnt get full combos off. I still feel raiden making them have to focus him working with sly cooper with his invisible backstabd would b nuts

Message 9 of 17 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 27, 2012
It'll obviously come down to how certain people play, but personally, in a 2 v 2 match my main priority would be to actually focus on the radec player. Versus a raiden and radec combo, its assumed raiden will be the more agressive target, so having both team members put the pressure on radec to prevent his ap build and prevent pot shots on 2 people fighting against a raiden. I think a team of mid to long range fighters could keep raiden at bay and not let him boss around both players as your earlier suggested strategy. Kratos and Ratchet seem okay for being toe to toe with them, but this is coming from my limited knowledge of raiden strategies /rant
Message 10 of 17 (180 Views)
0 Likes