Jul 19 2012
By: Lex_Gamer Wastelander 690 posts

2v2 anti-combo

6 replies 235 views Edited Jul 19, 2012

So I just watched the EVO panel, they talked about an anti-combo system where basically the victom of a long combo gets ejected from it at a certain threshhold of AP, my question then, is if you're playing 2v2, could you stop attacking a little ways into a combo and have your partner take over with attacks/combo of their own to get a longer combo? Could you then theororetically switch back to the other player with a fresh combo, all the while still having the opponent in the same helpless state? Obviously this would be hard to pul off, just wondering if it 'could' happen.

Message 1 of 7 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Re: 2v2 anti-combo

Jul 19, 2012
No. After the first long combo, the victim is invincible until he lands or attacks in mid-air.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 2 of 7 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 19, 2012
That makes since i think the IAS, infinite avoidance syste, for those who don't know, only applies to building a characters AP. So that one character can not loop a combo and get alot of AP fom it. But two different people? Not sure about that.
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 3 of 7 (230 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Jul 20, 2012
If two people are doing it to one person couldn't that guys partner just stop it?
Message 4 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jul 20, 2012

The IAS puts the victim  in and invincible state until they hit the ground or cancel it themselves.  It doesn't matter who attacks them or how, but while in that state they will not be affected by anything at all.  It is a pretty simple system to understand, not rocket science.  

Also the likelihood of there ever being a combo of two players against one is basically none.  Unless the other guy is as complete moron, they will always jump in and get in the way.  

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 7 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

I mean like BEFORE the victim enters the invincible state, like mid combo, if your team mate cuts in and takes over the combo, the victim is busy 'recoiling' so it's up to their one teammate who may or may not be competent to stop it, plus they have whoever isn't 'comboing' to deal with. I know it's unlikely, but not impossible with two buddies who have practiced it. I understand IAS quite well, it's just that this particular exploit has yet to be confirmed/denied, so I was just looking for opinions/possible answers from devs.

Message 6 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2858 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

I mean like BEFORE the victim enters the invincible state, like mid combo, if your team mate cuts in and takes over the combo, the victim is busy 'recoiling' so it's up to their one teammate who may or may not be competent to stop it, plus they have whoever isn't 'comboing' to deal with. I know it's unlikely, but not impossible with two buddies who have practiced it. I understand IAS quite well, it's just that this particular exploit has yet to be confirmed/denied, so I was just looking for opinions/possible answers from devs.

Alright I misunderstood what you where saying.  Well that is a good question.  I would figure the IAS turns on when X amount of AP have been "gotten" from an opponent.  That way it is simple to prevent the scenario you've mentioned.  However if they determine the activation by how much AP you have gotten from attacking someone else, then this could very well be an exploit.  I wouldn't worry about it myself though.  It would take a lot of luck and skill to actually pull it off.  I would love to see some crazy tag-team combos myself.  If it becomes a problem though it would be an easy fix.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 7 of 7 (127 Views)