Jan 24 2013
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

2v2: More frustrating?

6 replies 155 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

Pretty much that.  A lot of players on here seem to prefer 2v2 above FFA (or so I've seen).  But after playing FFA almost exclusively since I got the game, I decided to try some 2v2 tonight and boy, I am not used to it. O_O

I play FFA because I like the "every man for himself" strategy.  But on 2v2, you have teams, and teams tend to have strategies.  Plus, you have your own teammate to worry about, and there are occasionally mics on the other team that add to it all by pretty much giving a play-by-play of what you just did.  It's just a lot more to worry about and it seems to create a lot more stress when I play.  Whether that stress is positive or negative, I'm not really sure yet, but it's there.

Does anyone else feel this way about 2v2 and tend to play FFA more?

Message 1 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Re: 2v2: More frustrating?

Jan 24, 2013

I'll say i like 2v2 more than FFA but i usually do a stock quick match. Some of my reasons being is that i like co-op multiplayer a bit more than competive but the fighting in PS All-Stars 2v2 seems to mix both in making it fun. Also unlike Ranked FFA you will see characters you don't expect to see on Ranked like instead of Kratos and Raiden's you would get more Sir Dan's and Spike's. Don't get me wrong, there are still spamming Kratos and Raidens in 2v2 Quick Match but since in Quick Match your not trying to build up a belt or anything like that, you will see other characters like Sir Dan, Spike, Jak, Fat Princess etc. Also you can get great match ups like Sly and Jak. 

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 2 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I LOVE 2v2. I have played maybe 3 FFA ranked matches. I just like having a friend to talk to and strategize with. It adds a new layer of fun and craziness. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 7 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I play FFA with my Radec, but I greatly prefer 2v2 with my Big Daddy. Especially Stock.
Message 4 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I prefer 2v2.

FFA is just downright unfair in a ton of matches.

Most of my losses are from winning the match and then people deciding to aim all there supers at me so I end up losing.
Message 5 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I play FFA and 2v2 about equally with me liking 2v2 just a bit more with a dedicated partner (2v2 is only 'stressful' with a random who ruins your combos).

That said, my fighting style is more suited to the every man for himself battlefield. Not that I'm a bad partner, just an outlandish one.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 24, 2013

2v2 is better because if you have a competent partner, you're both able to do some damage.  On FFA people might run away making it hard for you to get AP or people who don't guard against a Sly who constantly does forward square. 

Also when a FFA person rage quits, there can be so many possibilities.  You might have just used your level three which screws you out of possible kills, someone might get AP and continue getting additional kills, or the person might really be a **bleep** and continue attacking the character until getting his level three.  I go over and kill the rage quit player because a lot of times the rager quitter won't revive, but if he happens to keep reviving it could very well cost you a win.  Not all the time, but it can.

Message 7 of 7 (86 Views)
0 Likes