Apr 10 2013
By: fabsta1994 Uncharted Territory 1360 posts

[2ND UPDATE] KING OF THE HILL MODE Support and Suggestion Thread

[ Edited ]
13 replies 393 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

King of The Hill mode

THE BRIEF:  A specific area is highlighted in the stage. You must keep every other character away once you occupy the spot. The player whose held it the longest wins.

THE GOAL:

This can work in two or more ways (if anyone can add a suggestion)

- The Winner can be determined on who occupied the territory the longest when the countdown expires.

- The Winner can be determined by hitting a set amount of time from occupation.

DETAILS/IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS:

In the rare event of OVERTIME (two players tied for the longest time), AP is increased and the speed of the timer increases as well.

The highlighted territory in question will move from floors, to platforms at set amount of time and will randomly appear in differnt areas of the Stage. 

Supers can be used of course to further delay player from occupiying the territory. HOWEVER, there is an option to turn supers off so players rely on knockback and keepaway.

(Suggestion submitted by BeigeMage) - Now perhaps in addition to or instead of a zone that must be occupied have a point that must be eveloped by a player's sphere of affect. The sphere get's smaller as you spend time near it so if it were in the air or just above the ground one couldn't camp inside it to victory. The point could even hover around. <-- This is to help with balancing in accordance to mine-using characters.

(Suggestion submitted by taoxadasa) - Another way it could work is if whoever is in the "Hill" area gains AP gradually, allowing them to eventually get supers. Attacks wouldn't gain AP, and they would be used to keep people off of the hill. Throws would still knock out AP.

(Suggestion submitted by Mr.Epic) - An optional mode to toggle super kills only. The timer is eliminated from play and the only way to gain AP is to perform attacks inside the territory. And attacks outside the territory gain no AP. Throws however are permitted anywhere to drain AP.

ASSIST:

Let me know what you think and feel free to suggest any other options for this mode. With enough support behind this we COULD introduce the idea to SSM. While it may not be definite of inclusion for this edition, it would certainly give them something to think about for the possible special edition/sequel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 14 (393 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Re: KING OF THE HILL MODE support and suggestion thread

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

I think it'd be really hard to balance. anyone with mines or guns would have a signifigant advantage. So pretty much everyone will be Issac.

Now perhaps in addition to or instead of a zone that must be occupied have a point that must be eveloped by a player's sphere of affect. The sphere get's smaller as you spend time near it so if it were in the air or just above the ground one couldn't camp inside it to victory. The point could even haver around.

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I think another way it could work is if whoever is in the "Hill" area gains AP gradually, allowing them to eventually get supers to earn points.

Attacks wouldn't gain AP, and they would be used to keep people off of the hill. Throws would still knock out AP.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 14 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Both are excellent suggestions. I see where you're coming from with having a hovering spherical area rather than a flat platform in terms of balance. However mines can be destroyed and most characters have ways of keeping away mine characters. Still, your idea does sound like it'll work better. The waning ability of the sphere sounds interesting.

I do like that idea of AP gain only when in occupied territory as well.

Message 4 of 14 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Where is everyone getting these names with images inside?

Message 5 of 14 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Apr 10, 2013

could be fun to play. it would need the no ap if not in zone, and also to deny usage of any mine! plus some stage couldnt be used like dojo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 6 of 14 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9894 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I fully support this idea.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 7 of 14 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

BLAZERLIKESSODA wrote:

We got them from a previous topic made by MarrowOcchi. You should be able to find it in the search.

To Fred, with BeigeMage's Sphere of Territory idea, that eliminates the occurance of mine spam. We can't just restrict part of a character's moveset for the sake of the game mode. Especially if that's a reliable asset in what they do.

Message 8 of 14 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Apr 10, 2013

fabsta1994 wrote:

BLAZERLIKESSODA wrote:

We got them from a previous topic made by MarrowOcchi. You should be able to find it in the search.

To Fred, with BeigeMage's Sphere of Territory idea, that eliminates the occurance of mine spam. We can't just restrict part of a character's moveset for the sake of the game mode. Especially if that's a reliable asset in what they do.

oh right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 9 of 14 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Bump
Message 10 of 14 (211 Views)
0 Likes