I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Re: 24 characters isnt so bad

Sep 24, 2012

oops sorry I thought you said character... hmmmm X-2 because it is the worst one and you just roll that way because you are a rebel

Message 51 of 59 (119 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Nope
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 52 of 59 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 24, 2012
*Nocturnal posts a picture*
Me: Wonder if it's Lightning...
*click*
Me: yup...

Dart better than Wander? Seriously?
And for the record, XIII represents the stagnation of the FF series. It's room-temperature coffee. You either lack experience, or created XIII. Either way, you need perspective.
Message 53 of 59 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Sep 24, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

Yea 24 is fine, people want like 40 and thats being greedy

We are gonna pay 60 **bleep** bucks for a disc with a mansion full of memory. I really wouldn't blame them.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 54 of 59 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 24, 2012
And for the topic, yes 24 is plenty of characters at retail. But DLC is a must, to me. Otherwise, I might as well just cycle through the Super Smash Bros. characters.
Message 55 of 59 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I find DLC for this type of game is the easiest way to make some $$. throw in a character, who wouldn't want to buy that. They will see people using him/her and "think" I must have it. Throw in some costumes, I'm no game designer but making some DLC costumes can't be too hard and people will buy it.
DLC can be the easiest cash grab and I'm willing to buy it Smiley Happy
I think we can expect a good amount of DLC
Message 56 of 59 (72 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 24, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

Yea 24 is fine, people want like 40 and thats being greedy

how is that greedy? 24 is wayyyyy to small of a roster, even if there is going to be a sequal. There should be 30-35. The main reason for that is because superbot isnt including alot of the ps allstars

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 57 of 59 (54 Views)
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 24, 2012

joshTX wrote:
Most people angry about the roster size feel that way because most fighting games released in the last couple years are shipping with 40+ characters. Whenever MVC2 came out back in the 90's, it had 56 characters and I still remember kids in the arcade thinking it was the most badass roster ever. At the time, that was a huge roster, but now we are seeing games like Tekken, Soul Calibur, SF, KOF, whatever all shipping with at minimum 30+, most well over 40. It's become an industry norm at this point.

I commend SB's wishes to produce better move sets and no clones as opposed to cranking out a larger but ultimately more shallow roster. I'll be happy with 24, but the people who aren't have a legit reason to be upset as well. It's a much smaller roster than normal for a fighting game released in 2012, bottom line. SB sacrificed quantity to give their characters more time and attention. Gameplay and sales will tell whether or not that was a smart choice.

yea but that goes out the window when there is clone super moves and they screw up characters

Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 58 of 59 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
I find DLC for this type of game is the easiest way to make some $$. throw in a character, who wouldn't want to buy that. They will see people using him/her and "think" I must have it. Throw in some costumes, I'm no game designer but making some DLC costumes can't be too hard and people will buy it.
DLC can be the easiest cash grab and I'm willing to buy it Smiley Happy
I think we can expect a good amount of DLC

yea but watch, superbot will make the dlc all of the characters that should be in the game and everyone wants, and the characters that are the ps allstars, like crash, spyro, sora, ect because they "didnt know they would be so popular" which is bs. ANd they will over price them and then everyones tune will change right quick, just watch. 24 roster size, this day and age, and on a 50 gig disk,is unacceptible

Message 59 of 59 (49 Views)
0 Likes