Wastelander
768 posts

Re: 20 Characters confirmed, what this means

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

joblade wrote:

pedro702 wrote:

guess who was right? themink lol and everyone following PG will get a huge disapointment lol

Themink has been wishy washy from the start he also said kat Was in.

He said both kat and Ryu were the first 2 dlc chars so until DLC is out he is still right

Message 11 of 57 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 6, 2012

See, I'm not getting this whole "Omar confirmed only 20 characters" thing. I watched the interview on Youtube (it was on at about 6/7am my time so I was asleep) and the only instance of that being "confirmed" was a sudden cut in the video where the poster says that Omar said that. Which I'm not about to believe due to the way people wildly jump to conclusions on vague statements within this community.

Those who watched the livestream, what were Omar's exact words?

The reason I ask is that when he was asked "are there any more characters?" point blank by the interviewers in the bit that is on Youtube, his response was "none that I can talk about right now" (kind of implying more, so STAY TUNED GUYS WINK), so I find it odd that after saying that he then changes his story mid-interview to say no.

So again, what were his exact words? Not an interpretation or a vague summary, the EXACT words he used.

I'm willing to accept there are no more characters, but I've not seen any concrete evidence that this is the case. Just speculation on vague statements. I genuinely would like to know what he actually said during that cut. Not trying to cause an argument or deluding myself into believing there should still be more characters (hell, I'm happy with the roster as is), I just want to know what everyone's getting so worked up about when I saw little to get upset over in the recording I watched.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 12 of 57 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

My biggest fear for this game has always been the roster.. While it isn't terrible, it's not so pretty for a game with such a name. And having gone through 3 generations 20 characters just does not cut it. I'm not that much of a fan of DLC either, I like the idea of having everyone in all at once. The only things i'm looking forward to now is the storyline, playing with everyone, and getting a PSN Platinum.

Message 13 of 57 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I want to know this too, the cut happened right at the time of the supposed confirmation. Not that I'm convince there are more to come, but would still like to know.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 14 of 57 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 6, 2012
They still haven't said its the final roster.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 15 of 57 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 6, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

You do realize that Omar himself said that the 20 characters would be unlocked and serve as the launch roster, yes? IIRC he also de-confirmed unlockable characters.

Message 16 of 57 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

stargateheaven wrote:

You do realize that Omar himself said that the 20 characters would be unlocked and serve as the launch roster, yes? IIRC he also de-confirmed unlockable characters.

They still haven't said it's the final roster.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 17 of 57 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 6, 2012
DLC time, let's get robbed. Come on!

Time for all the "suppose leakers" to reveal everything and f**k their DLC plan as they did with SFxT. If they know about more characters that means they are cutting them from the final game.
Message 18 of 57 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 6, 2012
all i care about is the final roster.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 19 of 57 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Personally i would like to see a sequel on the PS4..

SIR DANIEL AND SPIKE FOR TOP TIER!!!!!
Message 20 of 57 (119 Views)
0 Likes