Nov 20 2012
By: Tekn0tize Gaming Beast 2105 posts

1v1 EXISTS, just not random 1v1 online matchmaking!

4 replies 638 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

A lot of people seem to be confused that you cannot play 1v1 at all.

1v1 offline exists.

1v1 online exists only if you have your opponent in  your friends list. (You will have to add them).

1v1 random match making (with anyone online who is not in your friends list) does NOT exist.

I hope this is accurate and I'm not mistaken myself. Feel free to correct me.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 1 of 5 (638 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Re: 1v1 EXISTS, just not random 1v1 online matchmaking!

Nov 20, 2012

I think people realise this and are arguing that matchmaking should be available. Saying that the average internet user is poor at explaining their position is somewhat generous. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 20, 2012
As much as I like the idea of random match-making 1v1's, its not that much of an issue as long as I can still play 1v1 against my friends.
Message 3 of 5 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I think people realise this and are arguing that matchmaking should be available. Saying that the average internet user is poor at explaining their position is somewhat generous. Smiley Wink

Not really, looking at some of the replies in the 1v1 sign petition, people seem to think there is no 1v1 at all. Hence this thread.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 5 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 20, 2012

It won't bother me too much that there isn't 1 vs 1 but at the same time I can understand why people want random online 1 v 1 matches.

When you play 1 v 1 matches against friends, there may not be any friends that can give you a challenge. If you face a strange online though that is the same skill level or possibly better then it makes you a better player. Random 1 v 1 is a great way for people to train themselves whether they want to try out new combos, new strategies or just prove that they are better than most.

The reason why, in my opinion, it's better and easier to do that in 1 v 1 because it's not as chaotic or clustered as 4 v 4. You're not stopped halfway through trying a combo on someone by being hit by one of the other two players. Also it would be harder to really test yourself against a skilled player if there's only one out of 3 skilled players that you're facing. Also in a way, you also have to tweak your strategy from FFA to 2 v 2 to 1 v 1.

1 v 1 really pits your skills against another person's. There's no one else and it's all down to who the better player is, so to have the random option allows you to always test yourself against others. That is why people want random 1 v1 matches.

Message 5 of 5 (581 Views)
0 Likes