Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 22 2012
By: CaptKnucklesFACT Hekseville Citizen 335 posts

16 MORE THAN DESERVING NEW CHARACTER IDEAS (feedback is encouraged)

[ Edited ]
49 replies 1746 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

So I was playing and a thought came to me, theres not nearly enough characters in this game. So I brainstormed a couple that should be added into the game, ill give a couple examples of moves they could have, the game they are from (in case you somehow dont remember these epic games), costume ideas, why they should be added in, and who each one would rival (at the bottom) (just so you know all of these guys would be 500% awesome in game and Im pretty 100% positive people would pay at least $20 for DLC to get these characters (I know this, because many people have brought up these characters out of the blue and have asked me "why the #%@& is this person not in the game?!?!?!", i have no clue why they asked me this, but if multiple people think the same thing without talking to anyone about it first... i mean come on!))

(This isn't really in order anymore :catembarrassed:)

Before you read the list and critique why these characters wouldn't be good in the game (if you do, you are messed up in the dome), think about this, all of these characters are completely different from each other and the current charecters on Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Their moves would be completely different, their animation as well, and along with that, most of these games were pioneers in what they do (don't let this game get stale with the same type of people, mix it up (and again this game needs A LOT more characters, it may be its first game, but what year is it? do you see any other games with this few people in it when it comes out (yes (but they suck compared to the ones with tons of characters)? This is a Playstation game, with Playstation characters, there are sooooo many more characters that they canthrow in the game (im not saying that this game sucks, but it can easily become 1592738249x better)))).

Lets Start:

Abe (Abe's Oddessy)

Moves:

square-melee attacks

triangle-throw rocks/meat/fart/etc.

circle-teleport/whistle/idk...

Costumes:

wearing overalls (why not?)

full head of hair (look at those locks)

Reasoning of why he should be added:

This game had a strange sense of humor, but everone I know loved it, and lets face it he is an all star.

Hero (Patapon 3)

Moves: (would be based off in game classes)

square-club/sword/fist/etc

triangle-spear/bird (do a flip where you are and throw 3 spears)/horse dash

circle-magic/horn/bow+arrows

Costumes:

Grenburr (with different color scarf)

Charibasa (different color scarf)

This character should definitly be a character, hes got more than enough moves, and hes already got two of his own levels (the God of War one, and the Ape Escape one (the crab in the background)) and there is a scythe item from Patapon in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal, I mean come on guys!

LocoRoco Blob (LocoRoco)

Moves: (note- it would be a group of 3)

square-bash attacks

triangle-one blob would stay still as 2 or 1 (depending on the direction) would bash outward, then jump back in

circle-(his friends would lend him a hand) owl would barf out spikes/green dude would launch you up/ blue dreadlock guy would shoot out a blast/ clouds would carry you away/ etc (there are so many possibilities)

Costumes: (note-his different colors would be different species locoroco (yellow, red, blue, pink (for the ladies (the only problem with this though would be that they would have to match up their voices with their color, but if they add this blob in the game, im sure the creators of this game could manage that task))))

has the blue party hat on

has the ghost mask on

There is a level with this dude in it already, this game had me (and tons of others) addicted for years, and this jolly blob would definatly mix things up a bit (Imagine the sale spike you would get from adding him in (he would have cool specials too, like the crane game, roling in a rock, getting shot by the blue cannon bug-guy, and etc))

Raziel (Soul Reaver)

Moves: Im pretty sure he had more moves in all of his games than there are in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, so choosing moves would be easy

Costumes:

Idk what costumes he could have, I haven't played  this game in ages, but it was such an awesome game

He had many games, and this game series had a cult-like following, and like all of these other games, it had no age group, people of all ages loved this game (me, my brothers, and my dad used to play this game non-stop (really good game))

Ari and Lord Stanley Hihat Trinidad XIV (Okage Shadow King)

Moves:

square-Ari uses mele/sword attacks

triangle-Stan attacks/holds people still

circle-usage of items like power up moves and stuff

Costumes:

different clothes for both costumes

Reasoning of why they should be added:

This game came with how many PS2's? and it was in my opinion the best RPG that i have ever played. These two are 200% Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal material (it was a pretty funny game too)

The King of All Cosmos (Katamari)

Moves: This guy had some pretty sweet examples

Costumes:^^^

He is a boss. (there is no other reasoning needed, i mean besides how many of these games were sold throughout the world(tons were sold))

Alex Mercer (Prototype)

Moves:

square-claw/blade attacks

triangle-whip-fist attacks

circle-hammer-fist/muscle-mass attacks 

Costumes:

different clothes

James Heller

All this guy does is fight, and he also would be a great addition to the game.

Isaac Clarke (Dead Space)

Moves:

square-melee/rifle butt

triangle-guns

circle-grenades/psychic powers/etc

Costumes:

Dead Space 2 outfit

Dead Space 3 outfit

This is the scariest game that I have ever played ._.

download.jpg

Spyro (Spyro)

Moves:

square-mele attacks

triangle-dashes/arial attacks/etc

circle-fire breath/etc

Costumes:

You guys can come up with something

Who had a playstation and didn't have this game? no one, thats who!

Ratonhnhaké:ton (AKA Connor) (Assassin's Creed)

Moves:

square-tomahawk/hidden blade

triangle-musket/pistol

circle-bow and arrow/rope dart

Costumes:

Ezio

Avilena

the better question is "why shouldn't he be added in"

Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

Moves:

square-melee attacks

triangle-spins and stuff

circle-eat peaches or something

Costumes:

different clothes

more different clothes

He along with the rest of this list (No matter what anyone says) are all-stars, and correct me if im wrong, but they deserve to be in the game, mainly because it is a game of playstation all-stars.

Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)

Moves:

square-fast sword attacks

triangle-stronger/slower sword attacks

circle-lightning/fire/etc

Costumes:

young Cloud

younger Cloud

honestly, I've never played Final Fantasy (don't judge me.), but many people have told me that it is a crazy awesome game, and that he should be a character

Tiki Guy (PixelJunk Monsters)

Moves:

square-melee attacks

triangle-build towers/upgrade towers

circle-drop mines/etc

Costumes:

different tribal mask

another different mask

Anyone who has ever played this addicting game before would agree, that even though this guy got you extreemly mad when you couldn't beat a level, he would be an amazing character if he were to be added into the game.

Amaterasu (Ōkami)

Moves:

square-melee attacks/The Reflector

triangle-The Glaive

circle-The Rosary

Costumes:

I can't think of any at the moment ._.

Reasoning of why she should be added:

Although I never beat this game, I have to admit that it was pretty awesome, and though some people don't know this wolf by name, I'm sure if they see her they will know what she is from (and she would be a fun character to play as)

Maga Man (Mega Man X8)

Moves:

square-guns

triangle-more guns

circle-even more guns

Costumes:

Mega Man X: Command Mission outfit

Box Art Mega Man

He is in tons of Playstation games, and everyone knows who Mege Man is (I mainly added him to the list because he would be fun to fight)

Kevin Butler And Marcus PSP (commercials)

Moves:

lol I have no clue what the moves would be

Costumes:

lol different clothes?

Reasoning of why they should be added:

Toro is in the game, and in the US, these guys are way better/more well known than Toro (who is still pretty awesome)

also they would all rival each other perfectly

Abe vs LocoRoco (they both have ponytail-like things, and are constantly being eaten)

Hero vs Raziel (They both fight evil? both games highly revolve around reminince of past life too, idk why but its a good rivalry)

Ari+Stan vs The King of All Cosmos (they would fight over who is the true king of everything)

Alex vs Cloud (Alex is basically a bad guy (you kill thousands of people throughout Prototype), Cloud doesn't like bad guys)

Spyro vs Crash (both are old games and because of this their animation is somewhat similar, lets face it, its a good pair)

Tiki Guy vs Mega Man (they are both pretty short, and it would be an interesting fight)

Isaac Clarke vs Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor thinks that Isaac Clarke is a British general)

Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP vs Amaterasu (I get the feeling that they don't like dogs)

I'm probably going to add more deserving people to the list every now and then.

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 1 of 50 (1,746 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Re: Thoughts on new characters that should be added in (these guys are all true All-Stars)

Dec 22, 2012
Most of these havew been requested. The LocoRoco Blob is a bit out of the blue though haven't seen that one yet. Only seen the hero asked for early on before this game came out. And as for the Toro/Kevin Butler and Marcus arguement, Toro is not to Japan what they are to the west, as a matter of fact, not only does Toro have games but he is almost basically everything Sony Japan.
Message 2 of 50 (1,731 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Thoughts on new characters that should be added in (these guys are all true All-Stars)

Dec 22, 2012

Can we just get a separate forum for character requests?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 3 of 50 (1,724 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Dec 22, 2012
not enough characters, there's something I've never heard before
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 4 of 50 (1,723 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Yeah toro's cool though and polygon man was only to the US so japan probably was like tf is this **bleep**
Message 5 of 50 (1,723 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Dec 22, 2012
^^^ correction, will be like
game's not out for japan yet
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 6 of 50 (1,702 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

lol i didnt even know who polygon man was at first, i had to google it

Also i wish for people wanting the addition of new characters, that this site had a list of names (every playstation character), and people could simply vote for a name, and the peeps who run this site could then tell which characters are most wanted in this game (bam! problem solved)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 7 of 50 (1,696 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Alice from Madness Returns! she would be perfect for this game.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 50 (1,686 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 22, 2012

The King of All Cosmos!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 50 (1,676 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

^^^ lol not as perfect as Kevin Butler and Marcus (also idk if that would be a good character (alice), that is more of a movie/book/story than a playstation character, wouldnt adding her sort of be like adding stitch from the playstation lilo and stitch videogame?)

also ive got to admit that the king of all cosmos, or any character from katamari would be incredibly awesome, and i was going to put him or prince on this list, but i couldnt think of any moves he would have

Message 10 of 50 (1,673 Views)
0 Likes