Nov 10 2012
By: FatDude67 Hekseville Citizen 326 posts

10 days left and im still imagining. . . .

[ Edited ]
6 replies 328 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

There's a lot to read, if you don't want to, tallest read from the words in ALL CAPS to get a general understanding of what this is about. THANK YOU!

Okay, so have you heard of Cartoon networks Punchtime Explosion XL? It was a bad rip off of Brawl that didn't do too well about a year ago on DS and PS3. Well the reason I bring it up is because recently I found out that there was an item I think that allowed a player to use a super-type attack that involved another, usually random, character from the Network.

Example: Capt Kunneckles collected the item and a lil cutscene came up. He was just being his ugly self when Captain Sticky beard sailed in from the sky and loaded him up with a ridiculous amount of Cannons and jumped ontop to guide him. After the cutscene, Capt Kunneckles and Sticky Beard began their barrage of cannon fire for a short time, nearly killing everyone in the match. 

Now, they called it a Synergy Attack. I thought that that was a cool way to not only deal massive damage, but also include a lot of characters that didn't make the playable cut. If this were to be an item, it be a great way to not only add a lot of characters into the game, but also be another way to kill ppl, cuz it would be a LVL 2 SUPER IN ITEM FORM, which could turn the tides of any match.

Example: PARAPPA picks up the Item. Cutscene shows him readying some kind of attack when suddenly ORVUS, Clank's Father, appears and aids him by slowing everyone down, we'll say, and Parappa is aloud to either onehit kill them with ORVUS or use his AP move, whatever he wants.

Example: NATHAN picks up the Item. He whip's out a heavy assault rifle during cutscene when Suddenly RAT PATROL 01 comes out of the blue and targets one player each (Johnny, Maryl, and other Johnny [exclamation mark haircut guy]) Now you if you can hit your pursuer before they hit you, they will disappear, but if they get to your first, its a kill for Nathan. Also Nathan himself get the on shot wonder, so he can pick off anyone the dodge RAT PATROL 01, but only for a lil while.

Last Example: NARIKO picks up the item. Cutscene shows her with another weapon from her game when suddenly SPYRO flies under her and now she's airborne. Obviously she is much more versatile for a bit, being ably to glide in all directions, and she has a high ranged attack. Now her attack can only attack far ranged enemies However, spyro can use his flames to instant kill close ranged enemies. If you accidentally bum into SPRIKO, then you wont die, but ull get knock far and lose AP.

Now, all this seems like a lot but really it isn't, think of it as a quick level two. Quick being only seconds long. They'd stop the clock, and most of them could be easily dodge with some skill. NOW THIS ISN'T A PLEA TO PUT THIS IN THE GAME either. I saw this in punch time, and immediately started attaching PSASBR and also BRAWL with it, because it was a really cool and really original idea, and I wanted to share it with you guys, and see if u could understand and maybe brainstorm some wacky character combos for me and everyone on this.

For those of you who play without items, phooey on you. Play with items, it makes you a better player. Your missing out

Replies are appreciated. Kudos are nice c:

Message 1 of 7 (328 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Re: 10 days left and im still imagining. . . .

Nov 10, 2012

Wow...that was a nice text wall! However this would work as a sort of "assist trophy"? It should be more immediate,like:

You pick up this item,then *EXAMPLE* Victor Sullivan drop in and shoot for a short period of time your opponents.

Nice idea by the way!

firma.PNG

Message 2 of 7 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Nov 10, 2012

francesco734 wrote:

Wow...that was a nice text wall! However this would work as a sort of "assist trophy"? It should be more immediate,like:

You pick up this item,then *EXAMPLE* Victor Sullivan drop in and shoot for a short period of time your opponents.

Nice idea by the way!

Thank you, and unfortunately yea its more or less and assist trophy, but more a blatent copy of the synergy attack form Punchtime explosion. the difference though is that its only one specific character per character. So Kratos would always get EXAMPLE Dr Nefarious while Evil Cole would always get Croc and both of them would always do the same special attack with there partner from the item for X amount of time

Message 3 of 7 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Nov 10, 2012

its as instant as a lvl 3 super, i should mention. That brief cutscene during a lvl 3 super is the same amount of time it takes to activate it

Message 4 of 7 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 10, 2012

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist01.html

Since you clearly never played Brawl, the idea has already been done

Message 5 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I'm imagining that napalm secretly makes the cut
Message 6 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Nov 11, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist01.html

Since you clearly never played Brawl, the idea has already been done

Ive brawled, read the entire thing cuz clearly u are an idiot.

Message 7 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes