Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: - 10 BP for Quitting.

Dec 6, 2012

If you're playing it for fun, play offline. Your rank doesn't signify how much fun you're having. If it does, seek help.

Message 11 of 29 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Despur4do wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

I hope this is the case. I don't know what happened in the past few days but nearly every other game someone quits, it deserves a penalty.

people are frustrated enough when they quit, its a videogame they don't deserve to be punished like grade school, lighten up.

So they either get frustrated and finish the game frustrated, or get frustrated and leave the game frustrated while then frustrating me. 1 option is a little more desirable than the other.

This isn't middle school, people shouldnt be punished for dropping out. it should count as an "imcomplete" not as a win or loss, that way people can see the incomplete along with wins and losses and judge for themselves about the other player.

If i want punishment ill go to work or school. lol

People are not disconnecting as a way of making the match incomplete. They disconnect to avoid the penalties for a loss. So yes there should be a penalty because they are actually not receiving one at all.

This completely undermines competitive play. Why not dc every match you might lose when there is no consequence to doing so? It's going to get increasingly prevalent because people can only hold on to their morals for so long when people keep disconecting on them every time they score a win.

Message 12 of 29 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Despur4do wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

I hope this is the case. I don't know what happened in the past few days but nearly every other game someone quits, it deserves a penalty.

people are frustrated enough when they quit, its a videogame they don't deserve to be punished like grade school, lighten up.

Word up bro. 

Games are meant to be fun distractions. 

I quit when I'm not having fun- (endless spamming, attacking "afk" players) not when I'm losing. 

And I'll continue to quit.

Message 13 of 29 (138 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Dec 6, 2012

What about those who have to leave a match for legitimate reasons? Why should they be punished?

Message 14 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

What about those who have to leave a match for legitimate reasons? Why should they be punished?

If it is not a legitimate reason caused by stupid game glitches, absolutely. Its a 3 minute game, if something can't wait 3 minutes you shouldnt have started the game.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 15 of 29 (129 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Dec 6, 2012
its a three minute match people!
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 16 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I just hate losing belt, period.
All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 17 of 29 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

If a person ragequits? Yeah get penalized, only people who would disagree with this are ragequitters themselves (You're making it really obvious guys). There's unranked for a reason.

But there really needs to be something for when there's legit problems. I had a match where the other 3 players couldn't see each other. I was their only enemy apparently so they would swing through each other and the game would lag me to various parts of the screen trying to synch me up with everyone, and each time I died (which was often, as I barely touched the ground) it took 30-40 seconds to respawn, which made me just watch the three other guys mash taunt over and over again. I lost -25 points from that, and it wasn't bad play or anything.

Message 18 of 29 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

If it is not a legitimate reason caused by stupid game glitches, absolutely. Its a 3 minute game, if something can't wait 3 minutes you shouldnt have started the game.

So you'd stick around if you just found out a loved one had been hit by a car?

Message 19 of 29 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I quit when i face melee button mashers and pray to GOD i wish this game had one on ones so i could evade more from the square button spam that is half the characters. I will probably just play this game with my friends, like tomarrow night.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 20 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes