First Son
25 posts

Re: 1 week until release and not one t.v commercial.

Nov 13, 2012
It certainly does need more advertising. Not a single one of my "friends" ever even heard of this game.
Message 61 of 72 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Tell it to that idiot JohnnyGPrince who thinks that YouTube videos means everyone instantly knows about the game, and that guy talks about ignorance. Heh, the irony.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 62 of 72 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Nov 13, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:

Gonna break my rules for a little bit.

>you're the ignorant one, get your fat **bleep** off the computer and into the real world.

Funny hoe you say that. I only have 27 posts and occasionaly lurk this forum whil you have well over 2,000 posts. Who here really  needs to get outside. Besides, I'm typing this on my smartphone outside.

>The thing made you narrow minded.

What the world? Or the computer? Please fix your grammar.

>You think everyone one and their grandmother is watching  youtube over television? Are you  that retarded? 

Actually using the word retarded.

Actually thinking that Youtube isn't a popular source for today's media. Seriously?

>what are they watching? RWJ and COD montages? gimme a **bleep** break.

Are you implying there aren't full episodes of whatever TV show someone wants to watch? There's Youtube, Hulu, and many more.

1. my # of posts dosen't mean **bleep**. those were over the course of almost 4 years. 

2. The computer you idiot, whats wrong can't read? There aint nothing wrong with the grammar in that sentence.

3.  Did i say youtube wasn't a popular media source? No i didn't. Lol, you're so desperate to defend yourself that you're trying to put words in my mouth.  youtube maybe popular, but its not the worlds number one source of entertainment. People who use it as their number one source for enetertainment is a small minority compared  to the number of people who watch television.

4. You were talking about youtube, nothing else. Don't start pulling **bleep** out of your **bleep** in an attempt to save your self. But on the topic of youtube, its against the rules and law to upload copyrighted televison content on youtube. Why do you think that content gets pulled down so fast?

Message 63 of 72 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 13, 2012
So, let me get this straight. Just because I'm being optimistic for this game means that I should get attacked and cursed out. Weird. Also, why are we fighting about this. Technically we're on the same side.
Message 64 of 72 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:
So, let me get this straight. Just because I'm being optimistic for this game means that I should get attacked and cursed out. Weird. Also, why are we fighting about this. Technically we're on the same side.

i might be in a bad mood Today. But you shouldn't be optimisitc, we should be serious about this.( as serious as a forum chat could get)

every other sony game with a multiplayer except uncharted BOMBED because it got no advertising. We cant just sit here helpless and watch spny kill this game before its out. We as a community have to do something to help this game get noticed.

Message 65 of 72 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

1. my # of posts dosen't mean **bleep**. those were over the course of almost 4 years. 

Oh, Cool.

2. The computer you idiot, whats wrong can't read? There aint nothing wrong with the grammar in that sentence.

Yes. I can read. What you had in the sentence was a misplaced modifier.

3.  Did i say youtube wasn't a popular media source? No i didn't. Lol, you're so desperate to defend yourself that you're trying to put words in my mouth.  

You implied it. 

youtube maybe popular, but its not the worlds number one source of entertainment. People who use it as their number one source for enetertainment is a small minority compared  to the number of people who watch television.

Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month

http://www.youtube.com/t/press_statistics

You're seriuosly underestimating Youtube

Also, "Tell it to that idiot JohnnyGPrince who thinks that YouTube videos means everyone instantly knows about the game, and that guy talks about ignorance. Heh, the irony."

^Don't put words into my mouth.

4. You were talking about youtube, nothing else. Don't start pulling **bleep** out of your **bleep** in an attempt to save your self.

You got me there. But, the internet is the internet. It's all found in one place.

But on the topic of youtube, its against the rules and law to upload copyrighted televison content on youtube. Why do you think that content gets pulled down so fast?

There are full episodes of Clone High, Doug, The Office, and many more shows up on Youtube that have been there for years

Also, Optimism means a positive attitude for someone/something to be great. So, if I'm not supposed to be optimstic than what am I? Angry?

Done and Done

Message 66 of 72 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Jechtsphere wrote:
How long did they run Assassins Creed III commercials before the game released? More than a month before release it seems like. Of course Sony games don't have the budget of an AC or Halo.

It's like this with every Sony game and no putting a trailer on the blog and their youtube channel isn't enough. There are so many people who don't see those type of adverts but they see one on t.v. and it intrigues them enough to get it or go look it up on the internet.

If I was them I'd start running commercials 2 weeks in advance. I always wondered with how much money they lose as a company how much that effects advertising...i'm sure not running big advertisements is part of cost cutting which sucks.

Halo doesn't seem to be a "big budget" game to me, though I guess all triple A titles are considered big budget...it's more the way the game plays than how much money they have to spend on it.  

Message 67 of 72 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

khknight wrote:

JohnnygPrince wrote:

i might be in a bad mood Today. But you shouldn't be optimisitc, we should be serious about this.( as serious as a forum chat could get)

every other sony game with a multiplayer except uncharted BOMBED because it got no advertising. We cant just sit here helpless and watch spny kill this game before its out. We as a community have to do something to help this game get noticed.

Reminds me of a story on one of the PR guys Sony fired said how they send titles out to die. I mean this is a new I.P. so it should get more attention. I've been in advertising and it's obvious time and time again they fail at marketing. I really want the game to do well and I think it deserves to do well. 

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 68 of 72 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:

That certainly wasn't your tone or intention when you called people ignorant and post smartass pictures. We want the game to be a success and some of us feel there is not enough awareness being created for this game and we are expressing those concerns. 

If that does not concern you, you are free to not reply or even look at this thread. Insulting people on the other hand and picking out grammar issues on the internet is not really a smart way to go about it. I've done my best to keep the conversation civil, rather than resorting to name calling and personal attacks which you obviously started. 

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 69 of 72 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Please keep it on topic guys.  Smiley Wink

space_cape!!

Message 70 of 72 (35 Views)
0 Likes