Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: 1 week until release and not one t.v commercial.

Nov 13, 2012
Yes it DOES need advertising.

Look at how amazing a game like Starhawk got next to no advertising and is now down in the dumps.

Anyone who says this game does not need advertising needs to realize:

1. This game is perfectly suited for casual audiences. Even people who've never played fighting games before can get into it. It's a PARTY game, perfect for local co-ops. This means a large chunk of the audience don't visit forums or watch IGN / Joystiq news. They need to know of this game through PSN, TV, and other media.

2. No matter how good the game is, in this day and age where so many great titles are coming out including Wii U console release, it NEEDS good marketing (along with the game being good) to succeed.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 51 of 72 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

>Youtube

>Not bigger than television

That's you're opinoin.

Message 52 of 72 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Can't think of anything to say, so I'll just post a picture instead and appear smart.
------
Message 53 of 72 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Ok. How's about this. Why in the heck are you guys so concerned about Sony advertising this game? All you need to do is pick up your copy and enjoy. That's all that really matters.

And please don't reply with the whole "More people buying equals sequal,etc." I'm pretty sure this game will sell 1 million under a month. Sheesh.
Message 54 of 72 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Actually I don't care about sequels. Infact I hate talking of sequels when a game is just released, like people talking of Borderlands 3 as soon as Borderlands 2 was out.

What I care about is this game becoming as big a success for Sony as SSBB was for Nintendo. Before you get all "You're an idiot for thinking that will ever happen", IMO the game certainly has as much potential in terms of gameplay mechanics to turn out the way. What I feel is lacking is the advertising.

Again, if you REALLY don't care why bother replying to this thread? Just buy the game and enjoy it.
------
Message 55 of 72 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 13, 2012
K thanx 4 cleaing dat up i was so confused teach me l8r k bye
Message 56 of 72 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 13, 2012
There there... look a birdie.

So much care cups for someone who says "All you need to do is pick up your copy & enjoy. That's all that matters".
------
Message 57 of 72 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:

>Youtube

>Not bigger than television

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your blatant ignorance

.150451746.jpeg

So I'll laugh.

you're the ignorant one, get your fat **bleep** off the computer and into the real world. The thing made you narrow minded. You think everyone one and their grandmother is watching  youtube over television? Are you  that retarded? 

what are they watching? RWJ and COD montages? gimme a **bleep** break.

Message 58 of 72 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Gonna break my rules for a little bit.

>you're the ignorant one, get your fat **bleep** off the computer and into the real world.

Funny hoe you say that. I only have 27 posts and occasionaly lurk this forum whil you have well over 2,000 posts. Who here really  needs to get outside. Besides, I'm typing this on my smartphone outside.

>The thing made you narrow minded.

What the world? Or the computer? Please fix your grammar.

>You think everyone one and their grandmother is watching  youtube over television? Are you  that retarded? 

Actually using the word retarded.

Actually thinking that Youtube isn't a popular source for today's media. Seriously?

>what are they watching? RWJ and COD montages? gimme a **bleep** break.

Are you implying there aren't full episodes of whatever TV show someone wants to watch? There's Youtube, Hulu, and many more.

Message 59 of 72 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

This game need a good online community, so this need to get to a alot of people and have good reviews so they can keep getting new people to play. Almost half of sony games online is pretty much small or dead, starhawk, resistance, killzone, mag, socom, twisted metal, and ect... 

Message 60 of 72 (71 Views)
0 Likes