Sackboy
526 posts

Re: 1 Word Response: Will This Patch Hurt or Help?

Mar 16, 2013
hulp o_O

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 11 of 29 (125 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 16, 2013

dragonsroc wrote:
helps casuals
hurts the competitive scene

overall hurts the longevity of the game and adds another reason as to why the FGC doesn't play this game

in what way is it gunna hurt competitive players?

HTML tutorial

Message 12 of 29 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Mar 16, 2013

FaunKeH_5 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:
helps casuals

overall hurts the longevity of the game and adds another reason as to why the FGC doesn't play this game

A large portion of KC's were taken out which honestly prevented matches with skilled players taking 10 minutes. Hell, even with KC's, I've had some 3 stock 1v1 matches take 7+ minutes. The removal of lots of KC's is just going to make matches take 5+ minutes at the competitive level.

The new changes made turtling go from a strong tactic to a very strong tactic.

**bleep**'s not being balanced for 1v1 at all. It's now Kat, 3 strong characters 1-3 OK characters, everyone else is meh.

2v2 may still be slightly competitive, but you can't have a large competitive scene if there's only 2v2 for a fighting game. You need 1v1 to be viable in fighting games to be competitive. 1v1 is not viable.

Message 13 of 29 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Yes, this patch helps a lot. I'm also glad that they listen to everyone and made the new patch appropriate for our needs. Since this affects most of the characters, it'll feel like a whole new game!

Message 14 of 29 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Mar 16, 2013
meh
Play For Fun!
Message 15 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 16, 2013

dragonsroc wrote:

FaunKeH_5 wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:
helps casuals

A large portion of KC's were taken out which honestly prevented matches with skilled players taking 10 minutes. Hell, even with KC's, I've had some 3 stock 1v1 matches take 7+ minutes. The removal of lots of KC's is just going to make matches take 5+ minutes at the competitive level.

The new changes made turtling go from a strong tactic to a very strong tactic.

**bleep**'s not being balanced for 1v1 at all. It's now Kat, 3 strong characters 1-3 OK characters, everyone else is meh.

2v2 may still be slightly competitive, but you can't have a large competitive scene if there's only 2v2 for a fighting game. You need 1v1 to be viable in fighting games to be competitive. 1v1 is not viable.

sorry but all im reading is a heap of **bleep**. "KCs are required for 1v1" lolwot
sure kat is strong, but if shes a weakness to you then practice and figure out ways with your main to counter her. i have no problem beating her with parappa, emmett and sly at the moment, and im sure it unlikely that will change with the changes in the patch

HTML tutorial

Message 16 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Mar 16, 2013

General Combat Changes: 
--- Characters can not Block or Evade until frame 5 after landing during an air attack; Previously they were able to do so on the first frame if landing during air attacks
--- Characters have been standardized to not be able to Super until frame 12 after landing during an air attack
--- While blocking a hit while already in Block Hit reaction, character’s X velocity no longer gets set to zero

Will hurt the people that KC only. Will help the people that hated KC. But will help balancing the game. They are still some KCs for certain people. I actually like this update and cant wait to see how it plays out..

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 17 of 29 (90 Views)
Last Guardian
9960 posts

Mar 16, 2013
We'll see.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 18 of 29 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
238 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Nerfing most of the cast when most characters are not flat out strong enough as it can only hurt the game.

psn: dabuz18
Check out my Youtube channel for high level Allstar matches and eventually other video game gameplay. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabuz18/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Message 19 of 29 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Changes the tiers Imo. Characters who have strong level 3 will move up with people who lose there kc go down. Also I like how 90% of people including myself ignored the one word answers loo
Message 20 of 29 (68 Views)
0 Likes