Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 12 2014
By: KP211 First Son 12 posts

My PS4 keeps dropping network connection

7 replies 642 views Edited Aug 12, 2014

Has anyone had issues with their Playstaion 4 dropping its network connection? Over the past week or two my PS4 hasnt been able to keep  a wifi connection for more than a few minutes. My apartment wifi doesnt seem to be an issue as my laptop, tablet, and smart phone work fine off of it. I'm constantly receiving a dropped network connection  message on the upper left hand corner of the screen as I try to play, regardless of whether I'm trying to play online or not. Any help is much appreciated.  

Message 1 of 8 (642 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: My PS4 keeps dropping network connection

Aug 12, 2014

The ps3 and ps4 seem to always have issues on their wireless connections. As always it is best to use a wired connection. I did go test this for you on my system. and i too was getting a few drops. And it was worst then normal. 

Might be an issue from latest system update/patch, or just faulty hardware. I been seeing so many reports of peoples PS4's going faaulty, mostly Disc drives.. The death of the first borns have began!

Message 2 of 8 (639 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 12, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. Now that you mention it, it seems like this started happening shortly after downloading patch 1.75. Wireless conectivity is more convenient with my apartment setup. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem or am I victim to yet another faulty playstation?  (I've had to repair faulty systems with every  PS generation thus far)

Message 3 of 8 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Aug 12, 2014

It is every electronic device. They all keep rushing product. Can you use a powerline adapter to give yourself near wired? This can also bounce your wireless signal for you. Greatest investment for those stupid modem locations.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FRMAOIO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Message 4 of 8 (628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 12, 2014

I'm not familiar with one of these, but I guess its worth a try. My router and modem are in a bedroom closet and no where near the playstation in the living room. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8 (624 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
721 posts

Aug 12, 2014

Moved to PS 4 Support

Message 6 of 8 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Aug 12, 2014

KP211 wrote:

I'm not familiar with one of these, but I guess its worth a try. My router and modem are in a bedroom closet and no where near the playstation in the living room. Thanks.

YOu'll want this one then, but please do research on both. I use them both for different reason. This one V is for my PS3/4 the first oe i should you is for my secuirty camera system.

http://smile.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WPA4220KIT-ADVANCED-Universal-Powerline/dp/B00HSQAIQU/ref=sr_1_1?...

Basically. You will plug one directly into wall outlet next to modem. plug a short (can be long) cat5e or better, into modem then into the smaller adapter. Plug the larger one into any WALL outlet next to your game system, and run cat5e or better cables from adapter2 to ps3/4. ITs not as powerful as directly into modem. BUT much more reliable and powerful then wireless by a long shot. 

However this uses the powerlines in yoru wall so if the place is older then the 90's you may begin to lose quality.

Message 7 of 8 (601 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Aug 12, 2014
Alright, sounds good. I'm just a bit mystified as to why this is happening only as of late.. I've had my PS4 since launch and have only had the occasional dropped connection. This constant lose of signal has only been like the last couple weeks. Anyway, I appreciate your help, thank you.
Message 8 of 8 (577 Views)
0 Likes