Apr 18, 2014

i have not had this issiue yet and i hope not but if i do im calling sony 

Message 1161 of 1,486 (1,064 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Apr 18, 2014

Unfortunately i think this is hardware issue related to heat.

I had my PS4 in rather narrow shelf - it got really hot there.

Since moving it on top of my closet, and placing small objects underneath (just to secure the eject button) - no problems at all.

It has been month or two without any problems.

I dont believe the gizmo stuff about:

- rebuilding database

- placing the console upside down for a while

- etc etc.

The best proof to my theory is the lack of Sony's response - like what can they say??? - "Sorry guys, just send us 3 million consoles and we will replace them??" - i dont think so...

Many people will try gizmo, some people wont notice the problem, some wont bother to report it somehow - ALWAYS BETTER THAN REPLACING ALL FAULTY devices, right???

Shiiiiiiit, my neighbour warned me about being "early bird" - he had PS3 issues in the past...

Silly me...

Message 1162 of 1,486 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 20, 2014

Also been having the beeping/constant ejecting problem with mine. It has happened while playing the following games: BF4 (disc), Trials Fusion (downloadable), DCUO, Need for Seed Rivals (disc), and Resogun. No errors have popped up when it does happen. I have had it happen while I am watching streams. The ps4 location is open and spacious. Redownloading the PS4 Firmware update makes it go away for a small amount of time. I have it happen ALOT with Trials, moreso than other games (3 times in the past week).I have placed three risers underneath the console, thinking that space between the table and the console was too small. It then happened 15 minutes later watching Netflix. We are a non-smoking, no-pet house, with dusting taking place every other week. No food or drink are near the device. We keep our place cold and it is not located near any of the HVAC. PS4 was bought at launch, with the first sign of this happening the week before Thanksgiving. Hopefully this is helpful to them in root causing this problem. 

Message 1163 of 1,486 (893 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 Keeps ejecting disc and making noises

Apr 20, 2014
I tried this myself. Works like a charm. Thanks for the help! Aloha from Canada.
Message 1164 of 1,486 (2,124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2014

Same here disk keeps ejecting. And after that it simply keeps ejecting while there is nothing in it. Tried the "fix" by turning of the PS4 and pul out the power cord for a couple hours. but its still having the problems. PS my PS4 is always upright.

Buying a X1 today..:smileymad:

Message 1165 of 1,486 (1,327 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2014

If you buy an xbone your frustrations will only multiply. I've had both since launch and been gaming since the very early 80s. And I've never been more disappointed in a console than I have the xbone. They rushed the console out way to soon. It might be what it should have been at launch by fall. 

Message 1166 of 1,486 (1,299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 22, 2014
Hey when I started playing FIFA 14 and tried to play with my vita the ps4 would freeze then the game wouldn't come out I called sony and the sent me a box that took a week to come to my house, I sent the ps4 the next day. They didn't get the ps4 until about 4 days after. I called about 2 weeks after to see what was going on and they said that I'm going to get a new one. They sent me a new one after 2 days overnight which was nice of them but when I got the box I thought I was going to get a month of playstation plus since I hadn't used it. I paid $50 for the service anyways I called sony to ask if they can give me the plus for one month. They said no, that Sony doesn't give anything and no one could help me get anything from them. I'm really upset this guy on YouTube got a $10 gift card with his new ps4 and he sent and got his ps4 in about 3 days. **bleep** Sony I'm really thinking of selling my ps4 with the stupid **bleep** camera and buying a XBOX ONE.
Message 1167 of 1,486 (1,249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 23, 2014
I downloaded trials fusion. Shortly after my console started trying to eject discs when there wasn't even one in the system. Now it won't even accept any discs. Finally got ahold of Sony and they told me to send it in for repair.
Message 1168 of 1,486 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 23, 2014

Same for me here in Brazil.

Bought it on a trip do USA in last December, from BestBuy.

Begin ejecting the discs and entering the eject loop only now on March to April. Did the same unplug power cord fix. For you to know, turning it on while unplugged accelerate the process.

Had the same problem a few days after the "fix".

Nothing different in the ambient, no different cables or whatsoever. No temperarute problems. Nothing I can think about...

After the first event, I bought those silicon autoadhesives that you put on the door handles so it don't hit the wall, so it can "replace" the original rubbers that function as support.

The second event ocurred nevertheless, while it was powered down and cold.

Does anyone got any info from Sony itself? It will be very difficult for me to ask for a replacement...

Message 1169 of 1,486 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Apr 23, 2014

This problem happened to me when I first bought the system, and just started up again.  It seems to only happen when I move the PS4 around.  I unplugged it and moved it to a different part of my room recently, which triggered this problem after months of it not acting up.  It is much more frequent this time around.  Also, I tried removing the rubber foot but it did not help the problem

Message 1170 of 1,486 (1,183 Views)
0 Likes