First Son
10 posts

Re: [INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

Mar 10, 2014

So tired of everyone on here making generalizations. "THIS IS THE SOLUTION!!!" or "THIS ABSOLUTELY DOESN'T FIX IT AT ALL."

The problem is that the issue is not consistent nor is it's resolution. What works for some people doesn't work for others. Seriously, could everyone please stop trying to proclaim that they've "figured it out" and they've found the one and only solution. 

Trust me, changing the console's orientation or removing the rubber feet or elevating the PS4 on blocks, or wiping and reinstalling doesn't work for everyone. It just doesn't. I'm happy for those lucky enough to find a quick fix in this way (although I suspect that they'll experience this problem again in the future). 

My original PS4 had this issue. I tried every solution that I saw posted on this forum ... multiple times. Going through multiple reinstalls, elevating, removing feet, turning screws, disconnecting power for 24 hours, etc. *Nothing* worked for my console. I'll say that again: Nothing worked for my console. 

Everyone's experience may be somewhat different. Noone is "stupid" for saying that orientation (or any other specific solution) doesn't fix it -- it doesn't fix it for many, many people. 

I finally had to return my original PS4 and the new one has been working just fine. 

I don't know the root of this problem but I know one thing: I've lost a ton of respect for Sony in their handling of this situation. It's actually pretty sickening that they won't even acknowledge that there is a pretty substantial group of people that are experiencing this problem. Worse, you get people like some on this forum that are so desperate to defend Sony that they lash out at others experiencing problems. 

I like the PS4 and what Sony is trying to do this generation but their handling of this issue sucks and is blatantly self-serving.

Message 1041 of 1,538 (700 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 12, 2014

This problem just happened to me today. I got my consol at launch and it was fine until today. All the my games eject after about 5 minutes of playing. I tired all the recommend solutions and nothing worked for my system. I don't really know what to do now

Message 1042 of 1,538 (527 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2014

Return your ps4 to sony for a change, it's the only way to "fix" it. Every country have this problem (Japan ps4 too, mine is a japanese system and i have this issue with 2 ps4, i'm on my 3rd ps4 in 3 week, seriously!!!).

So what? Sony don't  know how to build a disc system?  Sounds like a bad joke...

Message 1043 of 1,538 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Mar 12, 2014
I mailed my system to Sony, they received it on Feb 28th and last night I got an email saying a shipping box was on its way to me. It was the same looking email as the email I got when I was waiting for the box to come for me to ship it to Sony but this time when I checked my repair status request it says my product was shipped on Feb 28th and gives me a tracking number. When I track that number at FedEx it says it was shipped on March 11th to me and I should get it back on March 12th. Should I get any info about what was done to my system?
Message 1044 of 1,538 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Poukilou wrote:

Return your ps4 to sony for a change, it's the only way to "fix" it. Every country have this problem (Japan ps4 too, mine is a japanese system and i have this issue with 2 ps4, i'm on my 3rd ps4 in 3 week, seriously!!!).

So what? Sony don't  know how to build a disc system?  Sounds like a bad joke...

whats your manufacured date of ps4

===========

did you get it in lunch time 22 February or before this date

=========

thanks

Message 1045 of 1,538 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 12, 2014

I got the "a shipping box is on the way" email a dozen times, a few times after I got my replacement system. There should be a note inside with the new/replacement/repaired system saying what they did. Mine was a simple replacement with a new serial number.

The only issue I had was that I did not deactivate it from PSN when I sent it in, so I had to call PSN to have them deactivate the old PS4 before I could activate my new one. You can't for some reason deactivate the PS4 on the web, you have to do it from the console. Unless you deactivate all your systems at once - PS3, Vita, etc.

Message 1046 of 1,538 (698 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Mar 12, 2014

I get my 1st ps4  5 days after japanese launch, it's the limited pack with knack, she's got the disc eject issue, i get a 2nd ps4 just one week ago, same issue, i get my new ps4 today. Where can i find the manufacture date?

Message 1047 of 1,538 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Poukilou wrote:

I get my 1st ps4  5 days after japanese launch, it's the limited pack with knack, she's got the disc eject issue, i get a 2nd ps4 just one week ago, same issue, i get my new ps4 today. Where can i find the manufacture date?

under the ps4 you see sticker in this sticker  you will see the model of ps and manufactured date

Message 1048 of 1,538 (687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2014

There is no date or code like U.S ps4, juste a "made in china FOX". Model is CUH-1000A

Message 1049 of 1,538 (683 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Poukilou wrote:

There is no date or code like U.S ps4, juste a "made in china FOX". Model is CUH-1000A

i think the ps4 in japan is high quality

=========

Reason

itis the last model for ps4 and manufactored date is the last one

======================

i hope sony solution this issue

==============================

thanks man for help

Message 1050 of 1,538 (667 Views)
0 Likes