Do you mean 
Nov 15 2013
By: Unicorn--Justice PlayStation Support 5048 posts
Accepted Solution

[INFO] Issues with ejecting PS4 discs

[ Edited ]
1495 replies 151219 views Edited Sep 11, 2014

Hello PlayStation Community,

We have noticed various reports of users having trouble ejecting PS4 discs.  

Update: Pleases refer to our troubleshooting video for disc ejection issues first.

If you are experiencing this issue or a similar case, please share the following information below:

• What title were you trying to eject?
  • Were you installing any game data at the time?  
  • Did you see any game or system notifications beforehand (Ready to install notifications, error messages, etc.)? 
  • What troubleshooting steps did you attempt?

If you are currently trying to remove a disk in your PS4, you can use the manual ejection method listed here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061/

If you are encountering the specific issue where your game crashes in the middle of gameplay and your disc is no longer recognized, here are a few things to try:

• You can try deleting the specific game app data and reinstalling
  • If your save data is corrupt, you can try deleting it
  • There are a number of PS4 safe mode options that may help as well.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044
(Notice: If updating firmware by USB, make sure the flash drive is formatted for FAT32)

The following options are available in Safe Mode:

1. Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
  2. Change Resolution - Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
  3. Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
  4. Restore Default Settings - Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
  5. Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
  6. Initialize PS4 - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
  7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) - IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected, is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection. (You will need the full system update installer from http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/pc_update/index.htm with this option)

For additional service/replacement options please try contacting support: 

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Due to the number of contacts, we would suggest using the Live Chat option rather than a phone call as the wait times tend to be shorter.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate. Thanks.

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 21 of 1,496 (151,219 Views)
First Son
11 posts

disc wont read and will not eject :/

Nov 15, 2013

i put in my game and it made a funny noise and now my disc wont come out and it was not even read :/ **bleep** to say the least

Message 1 of 1,496 (151,534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: disc wont read and will not eject :/

Nov 15, 2013

Samw here

Message 2 of 1,496 (151,509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 15, 2013

have you figured it out yet?

Message 3 of 1,496 (151,501 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Mine wouldn't read disks. Then it made a weird grinding kinda noise. But that went away but still haven't been able to get my system to read any game or movie even after the update.
Message 4 of 1,496 (151,480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 15, 2013
i cant get my disk out lol
Message 5 of 1,496 (151,430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Has anyone contacted Sony yet? I called my local gamestop and they told me to wait and see what Sony says before they replace my console :smileysad:
Message 6 of 1,496 (151,337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I've tried twice to connect to the online chat and have been told there isn't a representative available. I'm currently trying a third time while on hold over the phone (been on hold for 40 minutes....). This is super frustrating. I really want to play AC4! Luckily, I got Resogun to download and can play that in the mean time...

Message 7 of 1,496 (151,306 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Ya I'm on hold for 20+ min now. All this for them to tell me to return it locally and then my local store to tell me to send it to sony. I have a bad feeling this isn't going to be fun or a quick fix
Message 8 of 1,496 (151,270 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

That's just great. I did find this to tell how to get the disc out, but now when I tried putting in another disc, I can't get it to go in! This is super frustrating!

Edit: still on hold here, been over an hour. I think I'm just going to give up for now. 

Message 9 of 1,496 (151,251 Views)
0 Likes