Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Re: who likes sixaxis tilt control???

Feb 7, 2007
i like tilty. i think most of the wii game can be ported to ps3. for instance, you can hold two sixaxises boxing just my 2c
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 7, 2007
I really don't care about it one way or the other.  The only thing I thought was cool was shaking menials off in Resistance instead of just mashing buttons, which is probably what you'd do without the tilt controls.  I'm still skeptical of games that use the tilt controls heavily, like Lair or Warhawk, but I'm willing to try them and maybe they'll work okay.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Feb 7, 2007
I thought the tilt feature in Call of Duty were pretty cool.  I liked the fact that you had to hold the controller almost like a steering wheel durning the jeep stages.  The other uses like planting a bomb or rowing the boat was also genius.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6524 posts

Feb 7, 2007
well right now most games use it for a small thing...but it sucks imo....
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Feb 7, 2007
Meh, I'm indifferent to it.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3261 posts

Feb 7, 2007
I like how it works in resistance, but not so much in motostorm.  It's too sensative for me, or I'm too set in my ways.

Here's how I want to see it work...   Flying games...

Left and Right stick or d-pad turns your rudder (left and right).
Up and Down stick or d-pad turns your elevator (up and down).
Tilting the sixaxit turns your alerons (roll left or right).

To me that is the natural way it should work.  I've been waiting for games to implement it.  I got a sidewinder 2 joystick (years back) becuase it worked like six axis.  Problem was it didnt mesh like that.  You could only control it via controls or via tilting.  

Or maybe playing Army (socom or whatever)...  Hold the button to ready a grenade, and pretend throw the six axis, letting go of the button when you want the grenade to release.   Might be cool like that.

Message Edited by YoYo-Pete on 02-07-2007 01:09 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Feb 7, 2007
So far the way it's been implemented in most games have been fairly subtle yet useful.

I remember seeing it being used to play THPS P8 and thinking how cool it was but then I actually played it for myself and found it difficult. I was too used to wanting to put my finger back on the analog sticks again when I didn't have to.

Games like Resistance and Call of Duty 3 put it to great use. Blast Factor's tilt moves are just right for the game.

To me-
Best usage: NBA 2K7 free throw. It's amazingly accurate to throwing a real basketball at the free throw line.

Worst usage: THPS P8. Slight delay in sensing and it was a bit difficult for me to use.

Looking forward to: Motorstorm. The motion sensing in the demo alone is VERY impressive. I'd like to see the final fine tuned version.

Skeptical: Lair. The whole game supports 6AXIS sensing...this frightens me but I'm willing to give it a try.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Re: who likes sixaxis tilt control

Feb 7, 2007
I LOVE MINE!!

RED-DOG

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Feb 7, 2007
Personally, I Find A Lot Of Potential To The 'Saxis' (my short-hand form of the sixaxis) Motion Control..

Currently, Nothing Out There Now Really Takes Full Advantage Of It, But Until flOw and Lair Comes Out, I Think Some Opinions Will Change..
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1883 posts

Feb 7, 2007
It takes longer to write "my short-hand form of the sixaxis" than is does to write "sixaxis".

People have mentioned several times they like it's use in RFOM.  Is there more to it than getting the fire and the chimera off you?  I didn't think that was all that great.

_NYMO_ wrote:
Personally, I Find A Lot Of Potential To The 'Saxis' (my short-hand form of the sixaxis) Motion Control..

Currently, Nothing Out There Now Really Takes Full Advantage Of It, But Until flOw and Lair Comes Out, I Think Some Opinions Will Change..

Message Edited by Tubal22 on 02-07-2007 02:34 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 54 (12 Views)
0 Likes