Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 30 2010
By: bmrgamer First Son 6 posts

ps3 does not recognize discs are even in it

6 replies 830 views Edited Dec 30, 2009

At first my ps3 was working fine for about 2 years, but then about 2 days ago the discs kept freezing, and just today a couple minutes ago it stopped recognizing that discs were even there. For example i wanted to play MW2 so i put it in, my PS3 wouldn't recognize that i even put it in, and i know that it's not the disc because it's the same with all my other games. If you have any suggestions i would like to hear them. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Re: ps3 does not recognize discs are even in it

Dec 30, 2009
Call Sony and speak with one of the workers.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Dec 30, 2009

bmrgamer wrote:

At first my ps3 was working fine for about 2 years, but then about 2 days ago the discs kept freezing, and just today a couple minutes ago it stopped recognizing that discs were even there. For example i wanted to play MW2 so i put it in, my PS3 wouldn't recognize that i even put it in, and i know that it's not the disc because it's the same with all my other games. If you have any suggestions i would like to hear them. Thanks

sounds like your drive is dead. youll have to call sony and send it in.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 30, 2009
You guys are right im ganna call Sony see what they say about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2195 posts

Dec 30, 2009

bmrgamer wrote:

if you know what you are doing, just open it and check the blu-ray drive components.  could be the laser assembly, could be the blu-ray drive motor, could be just a loose cable.  it is a lot cheaper to buy a laser unit from http://www.gadgetresurrection.com/home.php?cat=258  and fix it yourself.  plus you get to keep your same console.

however if there is a problem with the motherboard then you will need to send it to sony.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 30, 2009

Im on the phone with sony right now, well im holding, but im ganna try to figure this out without having to buy a new system, and if i do i'll let u know

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Dec 30, 2009

Sounds exactly the same as My problem, I have a "G" unit.

I suggest You do not Tamper with Your machine, thats just a way for Sony to opt out

of any kind of responsibility! I think there may be those planting the idea of fixing it

Yourself for the sole reason of killing you chance of having Sony address our problem!

Just the same as those who can't wait out any chance of new updates etc. and go

ahead and pay the ransome to either Fix or TRADE, or Buy a New PS3 slim?

Convenient time for a new PS3 "slim" Trade in Policy! Pay Sony Their Cost, on a "slim"

and give them back a backwards compatible PS3 to Lobotomize, and them make a profit on "refurb"?

There may be people here on these forums purposely to Fan the Flames, "Divide and Conquer"

I can't blame those in Our predicament, Especially at the Chrismas season, Sony's got us

between the proverbial "Rock and a Hard Drive"!

If your machine is like mine, there is No actual problem with hardware, dics drive, laser etc.

but a problem with software or firmware that operates drive, which has been corrupted

by System Updates or Game updates or the combination?

One Question, do you have Modern Warfare II ?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (830 Views)
0 Likes