Jun 15 2009
By: spartanhockey First Son 17 posts

my service request number as an extra number in it

5 replies 13 views Edited Jun 15, 2009
It starts off as W- followed by some numbers. the numbers that follow have an extra number in it. When I filled in that pink box I had an extra number left. Also, whne I entered my number to check status it told me to enter a valid number.
Message 1 of 6 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Re: my service request number as an extra number in it

Jun 15, 2009
maybe you are supposed to leave off the W. Ive sent mine in last summer but I dont remember, but you could try.
Message 2 of 6 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 15, 2009

I dont think so because the box was setup up as

_-__________

Message 3 of 6 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jun 15, 2009
hmm, that is odd. sorry I cant help out any further. I know ho it feels to have a broken PS3 sitting on your table. good luck.
Message 4 of 6 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Jun 15, 2009

spartanhockey wrote:
It starts off as W- followed by some numbers. the numbers that follow have an extra number in it. When I filled in that pink box I had an extra number left. Also, whne I entered my number to check status it told me to enter a valid number.

when I sent my son's 80gb core in to sony, my sr number was also one digit longer. sony cs said to put the last digit outside the last box. although, i don't remember having to check the status, since i got at least 2 emails a day from sony concerning the status of my son's ps3. it was returned within 7 days.

Message 5 of 6 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jun 15, 2009
I just wrote in the last number outside the last box like the above poster mentioned. I haven't had any problems entering it online though. It's on its way back now so I assume it wasn't a problem.
Message 6 of 6 (13 Views)
0 Likes