Dec 31 2010
By: bmxbrandon First Son 1 posts

my ps3 turns on but wont show anything or work

2 replies 17499 views Edited Dec 31, 2009

HELPP PLEASEE!!!!! I TURN MY PS3 ON AND ALL THE LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING ON THE PS3 LIGHT UP, BUT ON THE TV NOTHING SHOWS UP (NO PICTURE OR SOUND) AND THE TV SAYS "NO SIGNAL". IVE TRIED EVERY OUTPUT ON THE TV AND EVEN GOT NEW HD CABLES. AT FIRST THE GAME WOULD FREEZE RANDOMLY WHILE I WAS PLAYING IT. I PLAYED IT THIS MORNING AND IT FROZE SO I SHUT IT OFF FOR A WHILE, THEN CAME BACK TO IT LATER AND NOTHING WOULD EVEN SHOW UP OR DO ANYTHING. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I NEED HELLPP!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3 (17,499 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Re: my ps3 turns on but wont show anything or work

Dec 31, 2009
when your ps3 is in standby (red light) press and hold the front power button for two beeps. that will reset the video output.

Message 2 of 3 (17,499 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2306 posts

Re: my ps3 turns on but wont show anything or work

Dec 31, 2009

bmxbrandon wrote:

HELPP PLEASEE!!!!! I TURN MY PS3 ON AND ALL THE LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING ON THE PS3 LIGHT UP, BUT ON THE TV NOTHING SHOWS UP (NO PICTURE OR SOUND) AND THE TV SAYS "NO SIGNAL". IVE TRIED EVERY OUTPUT ON THE TV AND EVEN GOT NEW HD CABLES. AT FIRST THE GAME WOULD FREEZE RANDOMLY WHILE I WAS PLAYING IT. I PLAYED IT THIS MORNING AND IT FROZE SO I SHUT IT OFF FOR A WHILE, THEN CAME BACK TO IT LATER AND NOTHING WOULD EVEN SHOW UP OR DO ANYTHING. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I NEED HELLPP!!!!!!!!

if you shut thesystem down by flipping the switch on the back off while it was froze up, you probably corrupted some data and you are gonna have to go into safe mode to get the picture back. here is a link that tells you about safe mode and how to use it.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488
Photobucket
Message 3 of 3 (17,499 Views)
0 Likes