Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5717 posts

Re: i wasted my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 28, 2009

lucifuge13 wrote:
why did i waste my money on a PS3 if i cant play my PS2 games on it?  after 4 years of having my ps2 it finally died so i broke down and bought a ps3 ( a mini computer that can only play ps games on it).  if i knew my ps2 games would not have worked on it i would have spent my money on a new gamming computer that can do more then a ps3 and/or a new ps2.  thanks for wasting my money.  i only hope i can get most of it back after i sell the piece of junk.

Really ?!?......are you this ignorant. **bleep**........read the box next time....actually read anything somewhat current about the PS3 and you would have known this.

Message 21 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Dec 28, 2009

rsoaker27 wrote:
My question is how can people still play PS2/PS1 games?? I know when I got my PS3 I ran out and grabbed NFL 2k5..man it was great for about 3 mins. I just enjoy next gen graphics too much.

Unfortunately for me I require more than pretty shiny to find a game fun. There are also tons of PS2 and PS1 games that are dirt cheap now that I haven't played either. Thankfully I've got a 60 GB.

0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 28, 2009

yep.  you definitely wasted your money if that is the purpose of your purchase.  you could have gone and gotten a slim ps2 for cheap used.   the ps3 is a remarkable "entertainment hub" and for you not to use it for what it is.....is a shame.  

sorry man. 

Message 23 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Dec 28, 2009

99% of the replies here are either ignorant, sarcastic, or idiotic. Not everyone gets online to look up everything about the PS3 and Sony haven't slapped a "doesn't play PS2 games" disclaimer on their ads have they? Average Joe consumer/parent/potential buyer might not know that.

While I don't agree with his rant and yes he should have done a little research first, this board has been overrun by anti-BC next-gen morons who try to hide behind a keyboard proclaiming that PS3 games are the second coming of christ. I beg to differ.

Message 24 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 28, 2009

I bought this system for my son for Christmas.  I thought it would play the PS2 games.  The PS2 played the PS1 games, so why would anyone think that the PS3 games would not play the PS2 games?  However, my son did not want to play the PS2 games.  He wanted all new games.  But his mom, me, wanted to play the PS2 games. 

So not everyone thinks the same way.  Does not make them stupid.

Message 25 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Hitthelights2287 wrote:

99% of the replies here are either ignorant, sarcastic, or idiotic. Not everyone gets online to look up everything about the PS3 and Sony haven't slapped a "doesn't play PS2 games" disclaimer on their ads have they? Average Joe consumer/parent/potential buyer might not know that.

While I don't agree with his rant and yes he should have done a little research first, this board has been overrun by anti-BC next-gen morons who try to hide behind a keyboard proclaiming that PS3 games are the second coming of christ. I beg to differ.

If he has many PS2 games, he is not an average joe consumer/parent/potential buyer. And I dont think anyone is anti bc its just I dont need to pay extra for it if Im not going to use it. If they put bc in for 299 hell Im all for it!

Message 26 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
901 posts

Dec 28, 2009

Hitthelights2287 wrote:

Really, you dont do any research on something that is going to cost you $300.00 or more. I do, with out question. Research is easy to do and is cheap insurance to know what you are buying. There is no excuse.
PS3 Transformer390 TransformerPSP Transformer
Message 27 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Dec 28, 2009

megtvg wrote:

I bought this system for my son for Christmas.  I thought it would play the PS2 games.  The PS2 played the PS1 games, so why would anyone think that the PS3 games would not play the PS2 games?  However, my son did not want to play the PS2 games.  He wanted all new games.  But his mom, me, wanted to play the PS2 games. 

It does not make you stupid ... But you should READ THE BACK OF THE BOX.... It states on the back of the box that the system is not compatible with PS2 games

Message 28 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1983 posts

Dec 28, 2009

megtvg wrote:

No but it does make them uninformed which in certain situations is pretty much the same thing as stupid.

Message 29 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
702 posts

Dec 28, 2009
Well then you are not so smart, maybe some research next time
Message 30 of 48 (5 Views)
0 Likes