Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2009
By: StanDaMan99 Monster Hunter 45 posts

Your first experience with a PS3

12 replies 1 views Edited Mar 6, 2009

Do you remember the first time you wrapped your mits around Six Axis and played your first PS3 game? Were you hooked from then on?

What was the first game you played? How long did you play? Tell your story

I was at my buddy's on launch day playing Resistance. And we probably played for close to 10 hours straight (called out of work to play). I didn't get my PS3 until just recently (couldn't put the CASH Together). But I remember that I was hooked and KNEW I just had to have one.... then we watched a Blu Ray movie, and I was IN LOVE!

Message Edited by StanDaMan99 on 03-05-2009 04:24 PM
Proud Parent of PS3
Message 1 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Re: Your first experience with a PS3

Mar 6, 2009

I remember when i unboxed my ps3 i was so happy. started playing svr 09 with my dualshock 3 controler and played for like 8 hours.

Message 2 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Mar 6, 2009
i cant say much i just got my first ps3 2 weeks ago and already had to return it for major freezing issues. i beat uncharted and loved the game and almsot beat killzone 2 but like i said my ps3 has been acting up. i got a new ps3 but really havent played it in a couple of days but plan on it soon. to be honest i dont like the controller it is very small for me i have large hands so i find my hands cramping easily. thats the only thing i dont like so far is the controller
Message 3 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Mar 6, 2009
Unboxing the PS3 is a feeling like no other it cant be described    i open it up  and BOOM THERE IT IS    so clean and soooooooooo shiny   and ready to do watever u say     i turned it on   made my psn name   couldnt belive i finallly got one   downloaded MotorStorm and Resistance demos and some other games oh ya and the super rub adub demo with the sixaxis    freakin amazing then i got MotorStorm the next day   **bleep** then Resistance and my friend and I started to play online and had the time of our lives  omg  so many great memories    but unfortunately it passed away 3 months ago     if any of u have an intercooler for ur PS3 TAKE IT OFF RIGHT NOW  IT WILL KILL IT  IT DOES MORE HARM THEN GOOD  IT SUCKS DUST INSIDE AND BLOCKS VENTILATION    then last week my refurb died 6 days before warranty expires  and ill be getting it back tomorow omg cant wait  but ya  2008 i will never forget    the Summer of MGS4      LBP R2 GTA4   YEAR OF THE PS3!!!     so many good things in just that little piece of japanese machinery    
Message 4 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 6, 2009

StanDaMan99 wrote:

Do you remember the first time you wrapped your mits around Six Axis and played your first PS3 game? Were you hooked from then on?

What was the first game you played? How long did you play? Tell your story

I was at my buddy's on launch day playing Resistance. And we probably played for close to 10 hours straight (called out of work to play). I didn't get my PS3 until just recently (couldn't put the CASH Together). But I remember that I was hooked and KNEW I just had to have one.... then we watched a Blu Ray movie, and I was IN LOVE!

Message Edited by StanDaMan99 on 03-05-2009 04:24 PM

My first experience was a horrible one because I had a 19 inch HDTV when I first bought my PS3. Had to recieved something HD in it to play it at the time, but now I own a 40 inch JVC HDTV.
Message 5 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Mar 6, 2009
no
Message 6 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1167 posts

Mar 6, 2009
opened it up, hooked it up to my tv and played call of duty 3 or porject 8 or something. Stoked, then watched that talledega nights blurray. good day

PSN- BEERSKI / ADD ME
Work
Message 7 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Mar 6, 2009
well it all started with a little wine some good food and light caressing then it was on like KONG played Motorstorm on that mofo like i was in the race. then i got online 6 months after purchase at same time as 40" lcd purchase now i have a 46" plasma with about 12 games. gimme a cold 6-pack some smoking accessories and its a date
Message 8 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
261 posts

Mar 6, 2009
yes i remember and i was sooooo excited i had to change my pants afterwards, awesome expirence
Message 9 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
282 posts

Mar 6, 2009
I've only had my PS3 for a little over 6 months. I remember after I bought it I couldn't wait to get home and open it. I usually don't get my hopes up though because sometimes things can be wrong right from the get go. I had a 20-something inch SDTV then but the first game I played was Heavenly Sword, which graphically is still one of the most beautiful PS3 games. I rented it because I was waiting to buy LittleBigPlanet as my first PS3 game (definitely one of the best purchases I've ever made). Now I have a 32" LG LCD HDTV (another great purchase) and the games look even better. I am always pleased with the PS3 every time I turn it on and hope everyday that I'm fortunate to not have any problems with mine like many people have. I've never had a single problem with any console or handheld I've owned going all the way back to my NES. *knocks on wood*
Message 10 of 13 (1 View)
0 Likes