Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1689 posts

Re: Witch one...........

Sep 27, 2007

Anubis112880 wrote:
I personally wouldn't put to much stock in the PS3 40 gig rumors, especially the ones that say "Two USB ports and no backward compatibility or memory sticks". When the 20 gig was released it didn't have memory card slots or wifi, but people clearly chose the 60 gig over the 20 gig for space and features. Sony won't go back to the 20 gig design with a larger drive and wifi.

Cutting the PS2/1 Backward Compatiblity wouldn't actually help bring the price down enough for it to matter. Most of that is done via firmware and the components that still remain in the 80 gig only cost about 30 dollars to manufacture. Sony would wait till they could go all software like with the PS2 slim did with the PSOne games.

I'm sure another PS3 is on the way, but it isn't a 40 gig. Size of the drive is such a weak arguement for savings that it isn't funny.

If they do release the 40 gig and I just so happen to be wrong, why would you want it? Ya sure 400 dollars, gets you the PS3 bandwagon, but what are you losing as a result. In a few years you maybe kicking yourself for only having 2 USB, no memory card reader, 20 to 40 gigs less than what you could have had (not a big issue since the drive is replaceable), and a machine that won't play your library of old games when your PS2 finaly Dies.

My PS2 is still kicking, but I don't expect it to last for another 5 years. If it does more power to it, but I won't be playing it to find out. Especially since we're getting the Dual Shock 3. Theres just no point.

So go with the 60, it's the best offer in my opinion. The loss of features and the fact that the 40 isn't even verified yet just makes it an option you shouldn't even consider, more for the former than the ladder. 80 Gig is priced to high considering for that same 100 dollar difference you could buy a 120 gig drive, install it and still have some money left over to buy 2/3 of a PS3 game.

i coulnt find any HDD for 2.5 less than 100
First PS3 10/6/07
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Sep 27, 2007

Anubis112880 wrote:
I personally wouldn't put to much stock in the PS3 40 gig rumors, especially the ones that say "Two USB ports and no backward compatibility or memory sticks". When the 20 gig was released it didn't have memory card slots or wifi, but people clearly chose the 60 gig over the 20 gig for space and features. Sony won't go back to the 20 gig design with a larger drive and wifi.

Cutting the PS2/1 Backward Compatiblity wouldn't actually help bring the price down enough for it to matter. Most of that is done via firmware and the components that still remain in the 80 gig only cost about 30 dollars to manufacture. Sony would wait till they could go all software like with the PS2 slim did with the PSOne games.

I'm sure another PS3 is on the way, but it isn't a 40 gig. Size of the drive is such a weak arguement for savings that it isn't funny.

If they do release the 40 gig and I just so happen to be wrong, why would you want it? Ya sure 400 dollars, gets you the PS3 bandwagon, but what are you losing as a result. In a few years you maybe kicking yourself for only having 2 USB, no memory card reader, 20 to 40 gigs less than what you could have had (not a big issue since the drive is replaceable), and a machine that won't play your library of old games when your PS2 finaly Dies.

My PS2 is still kicking, but I don't expect it to last for another 5 years. If it does more power to it, but I won't be playing it to find out. Especially since we're getting the Dual Shock 3. Theres just no point.

So go with the 60, it's the best offer in my opinion. The loss of features and the fact that the 40 isn't even verified yet just makes it an option you shouldn't even consider, more for the former than the ladder. 80 Gig is priced to high considering for that same 100 dollar difference you could buy a 120 gig drive, install it and still have some money left over to buy 2/3 of a PS3 game.

There we have it folks!!!! I got a 60 gb ps3 on Saturday and am so glad I got it!!! you won't be disapointed!
f1cken
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7478 posts

Sep 27, 2007

Rda990 wrote:

Anubis112880 wrote:

i coulnt find any HDD for 2.5 less than 100

You should learn how to use the internet, here's a drive I've been eye'ing for awhile and the price as fluxed quiet a bit in the last few months between 70 and 80 dollars.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148214

Newegg is a highly respected online vendor. If you really want to drill down the price you can get 100 or an 80 gig and still pay less for it then what you're getting in the PS3 80 gig package. Considering that you're forced to get motor storm which it's value gets drilled down to about 20 dollars as a pack in because everyone will have it. You're not getting much bang for your buck.

If you insist on getting an 80 gig wait till it drops to 500 after the 60 gig stock runs out. Sony can't deny that the 60 gig price drop put them back on the head to head track with X360. I wouldn't be surpised if the MGS4 release sees a price drop of the system in the same week to 400 dollars with a special pack in edition etc.

All in all Rda990, just be a good shopper, use the internet, check adds on sunday (CompUSA where I live has had various sales of 2.5 inch drives for under 100 dollars that had higher capacities than 80 gigs) and you'll be guarantied a better offer. Also keep in mind that you're actually paying 100 dollars for 20 gigs with the 80 gig PS3 cause that is how much more storage you're getting extra. Better to have a backup drive of 60 gigs or to sell to some laptop owner on ebay then being faced with such an over priced piece of hardware.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 27, 2007
Rumors have been shot down by sony already... They arn't making a $400 system, at least not yet! http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28969
Psn: Shadowslight07

Games: Call of Duty 4, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4 (when I pick it up), GTAIV (pre), WarHawk, and Stranglehold.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 27, 2007

Rda990 wrote:
about those rumors with the 40GB PS3 with only 2 USB Ports,no memory card slots okey so in christmas im thinking of getting a PS3 but idk 80 GB or 60 GB (if its true or 40 GB) so the 80 GB cant play that many PS2 games and its 600$$,the60GB can play PS2 games and its 500 $$ so with those 100 i could like buy any other game and MAYBE something else so

Yes the 60G is getting discontinued. The 80G doesn't have backwards compatibility. The 40G is not coming out anytime soon, and the perfect answer is. Get the 60G now, before they are completely off the shelves because what are in stores now are pretty much it! If something happens and you can't get the 60G, settle for the 80G. And just by chance the 40G comes out, don't waste you're money on it, that thing is mainly a Blueray DVD player that could play PS3 games. It has no WiFi and it's a waste of cash. Go big or go home!

Psn: Shadowslight07

Games: Call of Duty 4, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4 (when I pick it up), GTAIV (pre), WarHawk, and Stranglehold.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
986 posts

Sep 27, 2007
 get the 60 gb cheaper 40gb it better like 300 bucks then

PSN ID: mobious_1

its all about that kush
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (0 Views)