Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2010
By: bubbawilhelm Hekseville Citizen 344 posts

Which Headset?

13 replies 2 views Edited Jan 23, 2010
Sorry if this has been asked hundreds of times but the search bar didn't help me very much.  Ok, so I've been doing some looking lately and have decided that I want to buy a headset to use on my PS3.  I know my choices are between USB and Bluetooth.  So I was just wondering which would be the best bet.  I sit within 10 feet of my PS3 so cord length is not an issue.  I am looking for the best quality headset available that is $60 or less.  Sorry if I asked for too much and thanks in advance for any replies.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Re: Which Headset?

Jan 23, 2010

bubbawilhelm wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked hundreds of times but the search bar didn't help me very much.  Ok, so I've been doing some looking lately and have decided that I want to buy a headset to use on my PS3.  I know my choices are between USB and Bluetooth.  So I was just wondering which would be the best bet.  I sit within 10 feet of my PS3 so cord length is not an issue.  I am looking for the best quality headset available that is $60 or less.  Sorry if I asked for too much and thanks in advance for any replies.

i would say just go with the sony headset
www.youtube.com/MRKRAZY1870. www.twitter.com/MRKRAZY187
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 23, 2010
I bought a turtle beach wired headset.  I tried a blue tooth and I did not care for it.  The turtle beach has worked great so far, seperate game and chat volumes, mic mute and the sound does not go through the TV which is great for late night gaming.  I think they are around 80 bucks.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jan 23, 2010
I was leaning towards that one or just a cheaper USB headset.  I do know that the Official has an on screen interface that I really like.  Is there really a difference besides that though?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Jan 23, 2010
THE PS3 SONY HEADSET IS THE BEST
www.youtube.com/MRKRAZY1870. www.twitter.com/MRKRAZY187
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jan 23, 2010

Bombero336 wrote:
I bought a turtle beach wired headset.  I tried a blue tooth and I did not care for it.  The turtle beach has worked great so far, seperate game and chat volumes, mic mute and the sound does not go through the TV which is great for late night gaming.  I think they are around 80 bucks.

Do you have to have special inputs on your TV for that to work?  That sounds really neat and if I am going to spend 50 for a headset, what's 30 more?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 23, 2010
The sony bluetooth headset is a good headset, however, it is rather uncomfortable, at least for me. I find that after an hour or so, it starts to really hurt my ear.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jan 23, 2010

Ok, so right now the official headset sounds like a good pne, but I'm going to look in to the turtle beach thing.  Still taking suggestions....

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 23, 2010
I suggest you get the Sony Official Bluetooth headset.  reliability vs price
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jan 23, 2010
Ok so after researching the turtle beach, it appears you have to change the audio settings on your ps3 if you dont want to use it every time and it just seems like a hassle, even though it sounds sweet.  i guess I will just see what my walmart has and I'll go with my gut feeling between the official and the turtle beach, thanks for all of the help everyone!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (2 Views)
0 Likes