Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 25 2010
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2195 posts

Whats keeping sony from giving us native 1080p games?

19 replies 110 views Edited Apr 25, 2010

Cause bluray is supposed to be better i thought for one.  But this is what i want to know cause its been out for years unless they are making a ps4 already.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Re: Whats keeping sony from giving us native 1080p games?

Apr 25, 2010

Firstly. Stop posting so much about the same stuff.

Wait for people to reply to your other posts...

Its not sonys choice what games are made native 1080p, its the game developers.

Oh my god.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2070 posts

Apr 25, 2010

This has nothing to do with Sony. Unless the developers develop a game in native 1080p then Sony can't do anything about that really. Besides when going from 720p to 1080p sometimes there is a negative because of frame rates and the extra cost involved it makes better business sense to use what works best until the technology has more support tools that work at a lower cost to them.   

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Apr 25, 2010

Ok that being said why do they do it for one or so i read they look better for other but not for this one since bluray is supposed to be better?

Ill bet its cause this is ghetto and they get a percent of the online fees the other console offers aint it so they make them better for that reason more money aint it or something like that.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Apr 25, 2010

TheDster wrote:

Ok that being said why do they do it for one or so i read they look better for other but not for this one since bluray is supposed to be better?

Why do they do what for on or so you read what looks better on what other thing?

What!?

Bluray is better than what?

This is so confusing. And its not that its a subject that i dont understand...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Apr 25, 2010

I cant say it the other system, console you know you just want me banned.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Apr 25, 2010

No, i dont want you banned....

I just wanted to know what you meant.

So youre saying the other console upscales games better than the PS3?

And Bluray is better than what? Still not sure about that bit.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Apr 25, 2010

Ive just looked at a list of topics that youve created, and so many of them are about problems with the PS3...

You either have some really bad luck, or you get some sort of kick from telling everyone that the PS3 sucks (even though it dosent).

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Apr 25, 2010

TheDster wrote:

From what i read i think they make them 1080p so theres no upscaling involved but its hard telling, what they say is they look less contrasty and blurry so id say they make them 1080p to start I dont know though.  Cause with my figures setting my tv to native full pixel it shrinks the games to small and looks incredible but dont fill up the screen, no contrasty appearance and hardly any blurr.  They say on the bing that what i got that ghostbusters vs ps3 and other console the other console looks way better and alot of games they say look way better.  Blurays are supposed to be the best why is this going on unless it has to do with the percentage of cash for the online fees on other system.  Im not even saying it is but id like to know if the other one upscales or all their games are native 1080p cause.  My game improves in native but it dont fill screen and id like that the games made in native resolution.

No.
They have hardly any native 1080p games. Mostly 720p or less. And all games that are on both consoles are the exact same native resolution.
Bluray for games only gives more disc space really, and the discs dont scratch so easily.
Bluray for films means that films can be native 1080p because of all the space, and i think most are.
But when it comes to a game like call of duty, having it on bluray dosent make a difference, just the same game on a different type of disk, It only really gets utilised properly with PS3 exclusives. Which is totally up to the developer of the games.
There is a chance that the other console upscales games better because of all the money they get from people paying for online.
But if its to "contrasty", just turn down the contrast in game or on your tv. Upscaling shouldnt cause the contrast to increase.
Any kind of upscaling will look a little blurry.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Apr 25, 2010
You sort of fail to undersand the problem of gving you 1080P games of things suffer.
For example frame rate is then given at 30Fps not 60Fps

The problem is the PS3 hardware i mean the graphics even the 360 can't do it!!!

Second it down to game devs if they forced all devs to give us 1080P we would be given poor ports and most game devs would quit the PS3.

IF you want 1080P games then build a good PC simple where it your hardware is the limit.
Btw you can use a controller with PC games anyway
Wants Timesplitters 4 :smileysad: *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank :smileyvery-happy: *
Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes