Oct 04 2010
By: Red_Monster13 First Son 3 posts

Uncharted 2 - Platinum Trophy: Denied

13 replies 175 views Edited Oct 4, 2010

This post concerns Uncharted 2.

I completed the game and found all 101 treasure items. The in-game and PS3 trophy sections both do not credit me as a Master Treasure Hunter, denying me the ability to get the Platinum trophy. I've cycled through the Chapters multiple times and to no avail, it claims that I have found all of the treasure items for each map. I've replayed the last level several times in the attempt to activate the trophy somehow and even that failed. I've beaten the game on Crushing and obtained every other trophy, Single-player wise - but as far as the ones awarded for being a treasure hunter are concerned, it cut me off at 90...even though the Treasure section clearly states I've collected all 101.

I'm pissed off because this is the first time I've decided to shoot for a Platinum Trophy and this nonsense occurs. What makes matters even more frustrating is that the problem doesn't seem too common; at least, a problem that's readily discussed in forums. As a result, a lack of information is available to those of us who are having this issue. I'm choosing to be a pessimist and I'll go out on a limb and say that there is no work around, right? Because it'll be Christmas-night-in-the-work-house-year-round before I delete my saved game information and play through once more from scratch. It's ludicrous that I should have to resort to that just to secure the Platinum trophy. After all, it's neat but it's not THAT neat...considering all the time I just wasted. Starting over from a clean slate isn't an option.

I realize the whole trophy system is in place as a marketing and business tool to allow a company like Sony, and subsequent gaming companies, to snatch players hook, line, and sinker. What I'm mostly annoyed about is the time spent for negative results...and through my internet travels, I've yet to read a discussion board for a solution that WORKS to fix this glitch.

***Update: I just completed all 3 Objective Co-Op maps on Hard and I wasn't awarded a trophy for that either.  Am I missing something here or am I just experiencing bad luck?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 - Platinum Trophy: Denied

Oct 4, 2010

if thats the only trophy you are missing, you could technicaly delete your saves then just play thru the story on easy and get all the treasures and that should unlock the plat, but are you sure you didnt miss a trophy, and are you sure that all of the treasures are atleast on one save, like all 100 are on one save?

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Oct 4, 2010

ou could backup your save data and download a game save with 99 treasures on it (I'm sure you could find one) then get the 100th and you should get the trophy. Then, delete the save and stick your old one back on it.

Not sure what else to do really.

-------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 4, 2010

Meh that sucks to hear especially since the game is hard; though I would do what the upper person said and just find a game save that seems the best way to go to be honest.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/matthado.png>
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Oct 4, 2010

this could be a dumb suggestion, but here goes. Did you use the chapter select and make sure it says within those areas that all the treasures have been found? I know some games have more than one counter on things like that and sometimes they get out of whack.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 5, 2010

@ JAMKOR

• Yea, I did actually.  I've slowly inspected each chapter, making sure that it said "6/6, 9/9" and so on and so forth, making doubly, and triply sure that it said I collected all of the treasure for each level.  I even humor myself and check every few days just to be sure...and low and behold, the same result.

SKYSNIPER920

• I've been using the same saved game the entire time.  I don't use multiple saves; although in hind-sight, maybe I should have been doing that because it appears as if I 'saved' the glitch.

I also had a quick question since multiple people in my post have mentioned it.   If I go ahead and delete my saved game, won't it erase all of the other Singleplayer trophies I've obtained as well...in addition to all of the treasure?  I started the game on Hard, then beat Crushing, then used the Chapter select to set the difficulty level to Very Easy.  From there, I proceeded to find the rest of the treasure that I had been missing. It counted my progress along the way, too, giving me the appropriate medals both in-game and the PS3 trophy section until I hit 90.  After 90, the game refused to award me for finding 95 treasures and didn't give me the Master Treasure Hunter commendation when I hit 100.  I even found the Strange Relic, putting me at 101.  The game menu registers that I've found all 101...but I was never credited for doing so.

What sort of repercussions would occur if I deleted my saved game?  I'm assuming that my Multiplayer level (lv. 39) won't be affected because that information is not stored locally.  Am I correct in assuming this?  Also...I'd hate to delete my saved game, causing me to redo all the tedious Singleplayer tasks; for example, Grenade Hang-Man.  I've played the game every which-way that you can play it on Singleplayer so I find it ridiculous that I'd have to do it all over again just because of a damn glitch.  

One final question I'd like to pose, however; how do I back up a saved game?  Via flash drive?  What are the steps one has to procur in order to do this?  I will do research in finding a game that has 99 treasures available to perhaps make up for the fact that I was cheated out of the hard work I put into this.  I'd hate to sound like a whiny **bleep**, but I just thought it'd be fun to go for a Platinum trophy and it's highly annoying not to be rewarded for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Oct 5, 2010

You cannot lose already earned trophies.  When they are sync with the PSN server they are there for good.  You can burn the game disc, smash your PS3 in the wall, trophies will stay there...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Oct 6, 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3310 posts

Oct 6, 2010

i'd suggest contacting the dev about this issue (naughty dog? i think) and talking to them about it. they might be able to help you out .

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 6, 2010

Also, to whomever suggested to download a saved game and transfer it into my system in the attempt of obtaining the Platinum that way: you can't.  The system identifies that the file you've imported is not the original you have been working from and disables the ability for you to gain any trophies while the saved games that you installed are active.  Aside from doing the entire game over again and *hoping* that the game counts 90 and 100 treasure, I don't see how one would go about fixing this issue.  Oh well.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes