Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 28 2008
By: Reviticus First Son 2 posts

Troubleshooting: Help! My PS3 is FROZEN!

6 replies 2233 views Edited Oct 28, 2008

Hey guys, sorry everyone but I really REALLY need your help!  My PS3 appears to be frozen or something and I'm not sure what to do! 

Basically what happens is that, when you turn the PS3 on, it loads up my desktop as usual but it's frozen.  My controller is on and everything, I try moving the menu bar cursor around, but it's not going anywhere!  I know it's not my controller that's the problem because I can still access the system menu via PS button on my controller during this state. I'm not sure what's going on!

Something that might be of some help is that I notice that the loading sphere that animates at the top right hand corner of the screen, is constantly animating. Which I believe indicates it's trying to process or load something.  I don't know!  

Anyone please respond A.S.A.P.  any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appriciated.

Thank you so much.

Message 1 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Re: Troubleshooting: Help! My PS3 is FROZEN!

Oct 28, 2008
Does the XMB show up?

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

Message 2 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 28, 2008
Yes, the XMB does show up.  Even the background for the game disc in the system, loads up.
Message 3 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 29, 2008
 have the same problem..i
Message 4 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Nov 1, 2008

Best I can think is turn on the ps3, holding the power button as you do it until the system menu comes up - choose 'restore file system', if that doesnt help, choose 'restore system' - the second one will nuke all your data and save files.

If that doesnt work, you have to call sony.

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

Message 5 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 12, 2010

hey me ps3 is frozen to but my starts up and loads the ps3 thing but it freezes after that and my controllers don't sink up with the ps3

Message 6 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 12, 2010

Turn the system off and connect he controller with your USB cable.  Then turn on PS3 using the button on PS3 NOT on controller.  Once system is on activate controller by using PS button.  When controller is on, then remove cable.  I know someone who had same problem and this remedy was used by ps3 call center and worked.  Good luck.

Message 7 of 7 (2,233 Views)
0 Likes