Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2010
By: MidnightSummer First Son 1 posts

Transfer Purchases?

4 replies 4738 views Edited Mar 11, 2010

I made a new psn account and would no longer like to use my old one

I have been looking all over the internet for an answer to my question.

can i transfer purchases from an old psn account to my new account?

Message 1 of 5 (4,738 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

Re: Transfer Purchases?

Mar 11, 2010

MidnightSummer wrote:

no

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 2 of 5 (4,738 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 11, 2010

MidnightSummer wrote:

Nope, you cannot.  But you can keep your old PSN Account on the system, and you'll be able to play all of your purchased content on your new account.

Message 3 of 5 (4,738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 19, 2010

I dont know why you cant, if you do then why not just make it mandatory to "kill" your old account.

this is why its better to buy the real product and not get the dlc's. i mean they got their money. yea i understand the 

giving or sharing with your buddies, but give it a limit or something. apple has a 5 computer limit? 

i mean most of this stuff is just dlc for games i already paid 70.00 dollars for, hell dlc should be free anyway.

modern warfare maps, 4 (and 2 of them are from the old game) for 15.00 is a rip off!! they are free to get on PC, why not on PSN, or at least a little cheaper, ya know.

i dont like my psn name, i want to change it. i would transfer and then "kill" my old account, but i bet you all my dlc wont work on my new PSN.

kinda dumb

Shiney, Let's be bad guys.

The Unnamed Geek Show
http://www.red2c.com
http://radio.tstc.edu
Message 4 of 5 (4,738 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

tholo1 wrote:

I dont know why you cant, if you do then why not just make it mandatory to "kill" your old account.

this is why its better to buy the real product and not get the dlc's. i mean they got their money. yea i understand the 

giving or sharing with your buddies, but give it a limit or something. apple has a 5 computer limit? 

i mean most of this stuff is just dlc for games i already paid 70.00 dollars for, hell dlc should be free anyway.

modern warfare maps, 4 (and 2 of them are from the old game) for 15.00 is a rip off!! they are free to get on PC, why not on PSN, or at least a little cheaper, ya know.

i dont like my psn name, i want to change it. i would transfer and then "kill" my old account, but i bet you all my dlc wont work on my new PSN.

kinda dumb

You can create a new user profile on your PS3 and create a new PSN account to go with it, and all of your DLC will still work.  As long as you leave the purchasing account setup as a user on your PS3 all of the other users can use games and DLC purchased from the store.

Edit: This thread will now be locked since it has run its course. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 5 (4,738 Views)
0 Likes